Car collection tomorrow 3pm.. how excited am I?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
At 99% it showed 200 miles and I am a little worried that the additional battery power was not added, but I have been told it does have the additional battery power, I hope/assume that as we drive it more normally we will see the range extend.
Congratulations- pictures coming soon I hope!
Isn't it a Turbo S, which has PB+ as standard?
Sponsored

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Picked up the car Saturday 4pm.

At 99% it showed 200 miles and I am a little worried that the additional battery power was not added, but I have been told it does have the additional battery power, I hope/assume that as we drive it more normally we will see the range extend.
Eh, don't worry about that, when my car was first fully charged upon delivery it gave me an estimated 220 miles range. After a number of months of ownership and the car getting accustomed to my driving style, my max estimated range now displays this:

Porsche Taycan Car collection tomorrow 3pm.. how excited am I? PSX_20220730_155816

OP
OP
RGVDave

RGVDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Eh, don't worry about that, when my car was first fully charged upon delivery it gave me an estimated 220 miles range. After a number of months of ownership and the car getting accustomed to my driving style, my max estimated range now displays this:

PSX_20220730_155816.jpg
Great thanks, I was hoping that would be the answer

OP
OP
RGVDave

RGVDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Congratulations- pictures coming soon I hope!
Isn't it a Turbo S, which has PB+ as standard?
I should know that shouldn't I? I did initial spec the 4S and later changed the the TS so maybe I didn't notice it was part of the spec upgrade.

Pics, will follow when I get around to cleaning after the rainy collection weekend.

Thanks

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Great thanks, I was hoping that would be the answer
For some reason Porsche calibrated the estimated battery range out of the factory with the assumption the owner will drive it like a maniac the entire time, but if you drive it like a normal car the majority of the time that estimated (and real world range) quickly adjusts upwards.

It's the opposite for Tesla where you get the car and it displays this impressive estimated range on max charge out of the box, but it's basically a lie and no matter how efficiently you try to drive you almost never hit that mark and the range drops off much faster than actual miles driven.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
They come out of the factory calibrated for 333km range (~ 207 miles). Nuts, but I guess you'll never be disappointed with the real-world range.
Sponsored