louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Since my Taycan lives outside, like many of my cars before, I bought an outdoor cover for it. None of the aftermarket car cover makers had added the Taycan to their pattern library yet, so I bought the Porsche branded one.

Porsche is clearly new to the Electric car market. There are no flaps or holes in the cover for either side’s charging ports. Come on guys... for that much money, I expect FLAPS!!! :cool:

I have nothing but #FirstWorldProblems.

Porsche Taycan Car cover from Porsche E4030E64-29F8-4D44-8667-D84D99B221C2
Sponsored

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I declined to buy the Porsche cover also after making the parts guy check that it had charge port openings. They told him the openings would weaken the cover, Ha ha. The hunt continues.

Did you find winter front floor mats yet? Weathertech mats are only in black. More first world problems I know. Kinda of waiting for Porsche winter mats.

Update: CarAutoCovers.com 5 layer cover in place. Mirrors don't have to be folded.

Porsche Taycan Car cover from Porsche car cover on.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had a “weak” car cover on my i8 for four years. The charge port flap was not the area that failed.

nope, no other floor mats found except WeatherTech. Black is fine by me, but really, the stock carpet mats held up surprisingly well through last winter.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I had a “weak” car cover on my i8 for four years. The charge port flap was not the area that failed.

nope, no other floor mats found except WeatherTech. Black is fine by me, but really, the stock carpet mats held up surprisingly well through last winter.
Lloyd Mats makes custom all weather mats for the Taycan. I was going to order them, but decided at the last minute to get the Weathertech for the frunk and the interior, and the Porsche rear cargo mat from Suncoast. I'm still waiting for the interior mats from Weathertech (3 weeks) and the rear Porsche cargo mat was delivered damaged by UPS (waiting to get replaced by Suncoast - the part is now out of stock).

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Have you folks considered the rather nice mats from Cocomats? I've had those in my cars for years - hard wearing and awfully nice.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I used Porsche 911 ones that almost fit as winter mats, have ordered weather tech but they have not shipped for a few weeks now. Not sure what’s up.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
@louv ,

Have you ever used Carnewal in Belgium for car covers? Gert is a great guy and he works wwith the factory in Italy that makes these covers. I'll ask him if they have started to get Taycan covers, and if so, whether those covers have the charge ports designed into them.

Toby

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you folks considered the rather nice mats from Cocomats? I've had those in my cars for years - hard wearing and awfully nice.
I had Cocomats in my ‘88 BMW, and found that they left behind many tiny broken fibers. I liked the vintage look, but didn’t like that they broke down so easily and left a mess underneath.

EDIT/UPDATE: Apparently my experience with Cocomats is... ancient. Like me. They have a wider selection of mats now, and they now line the bottom of their coconut fiber line of mats with rubber... so broken fibers won’t filter down through the mat any more.

Last edited:

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
EDIT/UPDATE: Apparently my experience with Cocomats is... ancient. Like me. They have a wider selection of mats now, and they now line the bottom of their coconut fiber line of mats with rubber... so broken fibers won’t filter down through the mat any more.
Oh, I'm glad you saw that. I haven't had any of the mats break down over many years, although I think my first Cocomat mats were in the early 90s. The ones I had in my Tesla were great, too, and lasted the 7+ years I had the car (completed the trade-in yesterday for the Taycan). You were a good car, Tesla Model S #6228.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Th Online Car Cover Company does not make a Taycan car cover with openings for charge ports.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I declined to buy the Porsche cover also after making the parts guy check that it had charge port openings. They told him the openings would weaken the cover, Ha ha. The hunt continues.
I just realized, the Porsche car cover DOES have flaps. Up at the highest point of the car, on either side of the roof (top of the B pillar?) there are air vents. Basically the same kind of hole (though smaller) that you would need for a charge port flap.

So I call shenanigans on the statement “...the openings would weaken the cover.” Ha!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I just realized, the Porsche car cover DOES have flaps. Up at the highest point of the car, on either side of the roof (top of the B pillar?) there are air vents. Basically the same kind of hole (though smaller) that you would need for a charge port flap.

So I call shenanigans on the statement “...the openings would weaken the cover.” Ha!
Have you considered one of these covers instead since you seem to have power available?
https://www.carcoon.com/carcoon-airflow-systems/carcoon-double-skin-outdoor

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag