First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

Does anyone have unreliable location data when using Car Finder service on My Porsche or in the Porsche Connect App?

I experience woefully slow and inaccurate telemetry. Today's example shows the location of the car as of 2 days ago (some miles away).

On my Panamera I could track in real time but almost impossible on the Taycan.

Could be OTA module related I guess?

Anyone experienced similar?
Sponsored

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Not sure if it helps but I had real issues with the connection between my Taycan and the Porsche server this week generally (UK) and all linked services were down for days, but restored themselves yesterday.

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not sure if it helps but I had real issues with the connection between my Taycan and the Porsche server this week generally (UK) and all linked services were down for days, but restored themselves yesterday.
Could be a reason but it's a regular feature for me.

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thought I'd resurrect this post again.

After every update available Car Finder (in My Porsche / Porsche Connect App) continues to disappoint. Not sure how often it refreshes the car's location but in my case it is nowhere near real time and can be measured in miles travelled (4 or so and sometimes 120).

Original version in my Panamera was pretty much real time and you could observe the movement of the vehicle on the map.

Reliability of this 'feature' is pretty low in my case - it does 'find' the car but not as and when you want to.

Anyone other had similar experience and it 'is what it is'?
Sponsored