Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
MY21 RWD occasionally upon exiting the car and closing the door the car will not lock, the problem is the car has turned on by itself.
Am I doing something wrong?
Sponsored

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The exact same thing happens to our MY22 but only when my wife has the second key in her purse and she’s slow on exiting the car and then I close the driver door. So when I close the driver door and it detects a key in the car it turns it back on. So I have to make sure she’s out and her door is closed first before I close mine.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
The exact same thing happens to our MY22 but only when my wife has the second key in her purse and she’s slow on exiting the car and then I close the driver door. So when I close the driver door and it detects a key in the car it turns it back on. So I have to make sure she’s out and her door is closed first before I close mine.
Bingo, we had/have the same thing happen. Keep needing to remind my wife to move it when we are getting out the car.

oxum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Instead of powering the car off when leaving it, just wait until you both got out, and then simply lock the car from the outside while it's still on. Car will simply power off itself after a minute and remain locked.

OP
OP
Bill33525

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks for the reply everyone. Yes, the wife is slow exiting the car and her purse is on the center console with the extra key. We were thinking it had something to do with her late exit but hadn't put the "automatic on" into the equation yet.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Dueling key syndrome…it used to be maddening in our Cayman and Macan…Bluetooth takeover, seat settings, etc. The Mrs. just leaves the keys upstairs now.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for the reply everyone. Yes, the wife is slow exiting the car and her purse is on the center console with the extra key. We were thinking it had something to do with her late exit but hadn't put the "automatic on" into the equation yet.
So glad to know there are other wives in the world that take their time to exit. I still don’t get it but have learned to wait with a smile. 🥺

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
So glad to know there are other wives in the world that take their time to exit. I still don’t get it but have learned to wait with a smile. 🥺
This! I feel this pain every day. I don’t understand it either but I patiently wait there, standing outside of the car.
Sponsored