Fuzzy80

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ5
Country flag
None of us want them (car seats not the kids themselves).

They do somewhat ruin the sporty feel of the Taycan and remind you that you are still in a family car even if it’s a close to a 911 as possible.

Which ones do people like for keeping it looking as sporty as possible inside?
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I have a Britax Skyline belt positioning 2-stage booster seat ($99.99) for my son. In addition, I have the Porsche Seat Protector Mat ($48.95) and the Porsche Backrest Organizer and Protector ($37.95). I bought the last two items from Suncoast, but can't find the seat protector mat on the website today.

The Britax is mostly black with some red that makes it look sporty (if that is even possible with a child seat). You can remove the high back as your kids get bigger (the link has a pic with and without the high back), it is solid but not too heavy (I have another full on Britax forward facing child seat in my wife's car that weighs a ton). The protector mat covers the rear seat cushion and the Porsche logo shows nicely. The backrest protector is to protect the passenger seat back from my son's shoes.

https://www.amazon.com/Britax-Skyline-2-Stage-Belt-Positioning-Booster/dp/B07XSC4284

Porsche Taycan Car Seats for 8 year old and 6 year old 20210130_074820_resized

DubaiEye

First Name
Fares
Threads
Reaction score
Website
volt.ae
Vehicles
21Taycan TS,AC Cobra,Tesla X,Tesla 3,Zoe,Fiat 500e
Country flag

They do somewhat ruin the sporty feel of the Taycan and remind you that you are still in a family car even if it’s a close to a 911 as possible.

With respect and love, but my wife loves side curbs, and Starbucks coffee with the kids....

I have 6 & 8 Year old who got permanently BAND riding my car's.

They have the Tesla's and they can wear & dont care if needed Not the Porsche :)

(They are not allowed in the car at all cost) My Advise.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

You're in the in between age. My kids are about the same - 6 & 7 and when my car arrives, I was thinking of transitioning them to just the booster seat (without the back, ie: Chicco GoFit Backless Booster Car Seat). They are easier to put away when not in use. The ones with the back seats (like the britax) are more comfortable - but I think it would only make a difference for longer rides (which we do in my wife's car).

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I have both backless and high back booster seats. The biggest benefit for my son is that if he falls asleep the cushions on the high back give him a place for his head to rest against. It happened this afternoon on the way to an EA charger.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Lighting up this old thread to see if there are any experts who can identify the narrowest backless booster seats. There are occasions where I/wife need to transport three 6-7yo and trying to figure out how to do this in soon to be delivered TCT as well as our Panamera ST.

The problem with most seats is they have cup holders which make them excessively wide, plus the latches are flush with the seats making them difficult to reach with our current boosters.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Lighting up this old thread to see if there are any experts who can identify the narrowest backless booster seats. There are occasions where I/wife need to transport three 6-7yo and trying to figure out how to do this in soon to be delivered TCT as well as our Panamera ST.

The problem with most seats is they have cup holders which make them excessively wide, plus the latches are flush with the seats making them difficult to reach with our current boosters.
I don’t have my CT4 yet, but am optimistic about using our Chico Gofits.
There are multiple variants, backless, with and without Latch, with and without cupholders. With 2+1 seating I think you could go 3-wide with the non-latch, non cup-holder versions.
Might be tricky to get all the seatbelts buckled up.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t have my CT4 yet, but am optimistic about using our Chico Gofits.
There are multiple variants, backless, with and without Latch, with and without cupholders. With 2+1 seating I think you could go 3-wide with the non-latch, non cup-holder versions.
Might be tricky to get all the seatbelts buckled up.
We have two of these currently, plus the base from a britax booster. Can’t fit the three across in Panamera ST, but I think it’s because we need one smaller/narrower in the “+1” middle seat. Just ordered the cosco topside which is a couple inches narrower and going to try that one in the middle. Will report back…

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Reporting back. Had three 6-7yo in boosters in the back tonight. Position of the seat belt buckle socket for the middle “+1” is not easy but it can be pulled out wide enough to buckle a booster in that spot. Once buckled in, they were all very comfortable - maybe too comfortable since one kid asked my wife, “how much does this car cost?”

We are using the cosco topside boosters across all our cars now, based on ease of use and being the smallest footprint, narrowest booster we could find. They also run <$20 and my daughter likes them more than the $50 deluxe padded ones with cup holders.

Porsche Taycan Car Seats for 8 year old and 6 year old 23FA9544-D3C7-419F-BCC1-B7DE7E6C1923

Porsche Taycan Car Seats for 8 year old and 6 year old EE0BA9C7-E22C-4DF1-A23E-64705622F258