Car Sleeping - not connecting to PCM servers

Vzx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tacan 4S, 2023 EQS SUV 580
Country flag
I’ve read the forums and still couldn’t find any solution to this bizarre behavior.

2022 Taycan 4s

ran great for the first 30 days of ownership. Last week, while I was driving in stop and go traffic, the car decided to go into park mode (twice - on the same day at different times) without any warning. Fortunately it was school drop off lane and once at a red light - so I just kicked into drive and moved on.

Now, the car won’t connect to PCM servers. It still shows the car at a location where I had parked 2 days ago with a state of charge at 20%. The car is in my garage plugged in at 80% right now.
Both website and app shows the car is in sleep mode.

I tried the 2 finger reboot mode, logging out and back in without much luck. Called dealer over the weekend and the service sept stated that someone will call me back next week with a solution or I may have to bring the car in.

has this happened to anyone else here on the forum? Any solutions?
Sponsored

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I had something similar yesterday. Porsche logo on the PCM screen and nothing else.

I put the car in park, hit the Power button (which I’ve never done before), exited the car, hit the lock button twice and then opened up the car. Now the PCM came back. I don’t know exactly what did the trick.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
At some pt. the solution will be hold your left teat, stick your right leg out and sneeze on the door handle - just glad I have not experienced any of these features to date!!

OP
OP

Vzx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tacan 4S, 2023 EQS SUV 580
Country flag
Just an update.

Dealer has been useless. Pointing fingers to Porsche. Calling Porsche NA support line is like waiting for a slow death. I’ve spent about 4-5 hrs total last week (in aggregate) waiting for someone to pick up the phone without any luck.

Looks like car is not connecting to the Verizon / mobile network. I get sporadic updates on the location of the car on the my Porsche app. Still cannot remotely control the car (lock/unlock or run the ventilation). Battery SOC only updates when car location is updated.

I am not getting any traffic updates. Every morning when I turn the car on, I get some notification about PCM entertainment update or other update available but then the update fails because I’m assuming it is not connected to the mobile network.

bringing the car in to the dealer tomorrow to have them check it out. There is also a weird humming/buzzing noise randomly coming out of the heads up display area 15 to 20 minutes while driving. They’re going to look into that as well

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just an update.

Dealer has been useless. Pointing fingers to Porsche. Calling Porsche NA support line is like waiting for a slow death. I’ve spent about 4-5 hrs total last week (in aggregate) waiting for someone to pick up the phone without any luck.

Looks like car is not connecting to the Verizon / mobile network. I get sporadic updates on the location of the car on the my Porsche app. Still cannot remotely control the car (lock/unlock or run the ventilation). Battery SOC only updates when car location is updated.

I am not getting any traffic updates. Every morning when I turn the car on, I get some notification about PCM entertainment update or other update available but then the update fails because I’m assuming it is not connected to the mobile network.

bringing the car in to the dealer tomorrow to have them check it out. There is also a weird humming/buzzing noise randomly coming out of the heads up display area 15 to 20 minutes while driving. They’re going to look into that as well
Verizon is becoming a common thread for some of these spurious issues.

Yesterday there was a query from a US based forum member on Apple Music login not being available (for quite a while along with internet radio etc) and a little confusion on whether the optional Porsche Connect Service - Verizon Data Package was needed for this purpose.

The general answer is 'no', you don't need this as a pre-requisite for any region.

However, the forum member decided to subscribe to the data package (monthly renewable) and literally within minutes of activation all of his woes went away - Apple Music worked fine as did other data dependent features.

Another member decided to do same and has cancelled their subscription to see what happens at renewal and whether they loose the Apple (and other) services - our guess is that they won't.

Bit of a stretch but whilst there is no pre-requisite (or has not been to this point) to have the Verizon package it could be that there is a blocker somewhere on the LTE standard service which Verizon (if that's the carrier) doesn't support. Essentially 'fooling' the PCM / LTE into activating the service.

The other oddity that surfaced is that on the US Porsche Connect Services page the Verizon package is listed a necessary for the Internet Radio service (previously it wasn't).

Could be adding two + two and getting four here but potentially worth a shot to activate and then immediately cancel.

I should add that all of these services work fine in UK (we don't have Verizon) via Vodafone (I think) and no subscription required.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
… the Verizon package is listed a necessary for the Internet Radio service (previously it wasn't)
What is the Taycan internet radio service? Does this refer to Apple Music?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
What is the Taycan internet radio service? Does this refer to Apple Music?
Separate to Apple Music. Go to your Connect Store and see what you already have and what you could add - explore the website as there is some useful info (like this) posted there.

Radio Plus (I referred to as internet radio).

Porsche Taycan Car Sleeping - not connecting to PCM servers Porsche Connect Services - US

porcha

First Name
H.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Are you using the new My Porsche app? I had this same issue occur last week - when I switched to this new unified app from the Porsche Connect app. I since have deleted My Porsche and gone back to Porsche Connect and the issue is resolved.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Are you using the new My Porsche app? I had this same issue occur last week - when I switched to this new unified app from the Porsche Connect app. I since have deleted My Porsche and gone back to Porsche Connect and the issue is resolved.
Same issue crops up regardless of App used - such is the quality.

It could be your car woke up during swapping apps over (I've seen that too) leading to a false sense of security that all is well. Suspect it will periodically be unreliable. Don't think this is necessarily app related and more to do the with LTE module / comms / quality of connection and disturbing a car when 'sleeping'.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Same issue crops up regardless of App used - such is the quality.

It could be your car woke up during swapping apps over (I've seen that too) leading to a false sense of security that all is well. Suspect it will periodically be unreliable. Don't think this is necessarily app related and more to do the with LTE module / comms / quality of connection and disturbing a car when 'sleeping'.
Agree re likely a comm unit and/or Verizon or some sort of combo for some and/or specific geographic areas in the US but just to be clear I can get all services incl Sirius internet radio etc with zero issues and most def do not nor ever have subscribed to the extra data pkg(s).
Sponsored