Car stuck at port for four weeks. Porsche has no info. Speculate on reason?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Perhaps it’s because the M3 has a lower price point dealers feel it might be easier to move than a MS? I know my dealer had a deal in the works on my M3 within three days of trading it & the deal was done within a week.

So maybe there’s a flaw in my “buy” logic as the 4S is closer to a MS vs a M3...

Though, lest we digress from the OP’s topic...
Sponsored

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
With my recent delivery (5/29) here's my build schedule and what my dealer GM told me. Chip shortage involves electrically adjustable steering columns and 14-way seats. My car has both of those so I guess they had the necessary components ready or shipped to factory around my build time.

- Ordered 4/1
- Produced week of 4/26
- Emden depart 5/7 - JAX arrival 5/24 (late 5/23?)
- Dealer arrival 5/26

4 weeks is excessive. Maybe your car had damage that needs to be rectified. Years ago a friend ordered a E46 M3 and the front bumper was damaged in transit. Body shop at the port repaired it. It was delayed beyond a reasonable time frame.

My RWD was built just before yours and is still stuck at JAXPORT. Since you got your (looks awesome BTW congrats) I went back and looked at your build to see what differences there were between yours and mine.

The differences that involve electronics in my build are:
Rear wheel steer
ACC
Massage seats (wife's insistence)
Retracting mirrors
Heated steering wheel.

I wonder if any of these could be related to the delay.

Also my dealer indicated there is great demand they have for the RWD with its now extended lead time. I'll bet they would gladly give me my deposit back and sell the car whenever it arrives without the discount I got.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
My 2021 TTS has been sitting at the San Diego shipping port for around four weeks. Ultimate destination is a local dealer in San Diego.

There are plenty of other Porsches in the same shipment that have already made their way to the dealer weeks ago, so it doesn't appear to be customs-related. I know TPMM was causing a port hold for some people but, even then, the delay was only a week to ten days max in the reports I've read. Can you think of any reason why a car would be held at the port for four weeks?

VIN is not in the affected range for the latest Taycan recall so I doubt it's a stop-sale issue.

Dealer says Porsche has given them no updates or ETAs on this vehicle.
Ask your sales ambassador to pull up your order screen.

My car sat in San Diego port for a few weeks under a quality action hold (the code for my car was related to a software update).

Everything related to the production to the delivery of the vehicle has a code associated with each action. They will know why it is sitting.

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
Actually, if you look again, the end starts with "WP0AA2Y12MSA", which is different.

My dealer told me I could cancel within 48 hours of delivery to the dealer (ie before I actually went and drove the car off the lot) and I would get my deposit back. He made it sound easy. Is this not the case for you?
Getting your deposit back is all dealer specific!! Some dealers will tell you that you will not get it back if you cancel so you def need to ask questions before making deposit.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My RWD was built just before yours and is still stuck at JAXPORT. Since you got your (looks awesome BTW congrats) I went back and looked at your build to see what differences there were between yours and mine.

The differences that involve electronics in my build are:
Rear wheel steer
ACC
Massage seats (wife's insistence)
Retracting mirrors
Heated steering wheel.

I wonder if any of these could be related to the delay.

Also my dealer indicated there is great demand they have for the RWD with its now extended lead time. I'll bet they would gladly give me my deposit back and sell the car whenever it arrives without the discount I got.
Interesting. There are 2 people here that both ordered ACC whos cars were on Confucius who have yet to take delivery.
Sponsored