bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I've purchased a screen protector from https://www.cartouchscreenprotector.co.uk/ to try and cut down on the fingerprints, mainly on lower climate screen.
The set I bought included a protector for the central navigation screen and the lower central climate screen. Rear climate and passenger screens are an option too, but I don't have them.

Here's some pictures of the protectors applied:

Porsche Taycan Car Touchscreen Protector for Taycan - review IMG_3996.JPG

Porsche Taycan Car Touchscreen Protector for Taycan - review IMG_3995.JPG

Porsche Taycan Car Touchscreen Protector for Taycan - review IMG_3997.JPG

As you can see, the protectors don't cover the full area of the panels (this is clearly explained on the website)- this is especially noticeable on the lower climate screen protector. But they do cover all of the touch areas of the screens.
Also, the upper navigation screen protector doesn't quite cover the visible screen area either - In my application I've aligned the protector with the top edge of the visible display, but it's a millimetre or so too short at the bottom edge. I'm being fussy of course but I'd prefer it to be slightly larger.
They do appear much glossier in the photos than they do in person, but they are still quite noticeable - especially on the lower climate screen.
However, the purpose of these was to avoid greasy fingermarks on the screens and I must say that at this they excel. I poked and prodded both screens after the protectors were applied and could see no trace of finger marks.
Application was fiddly as with all screen protectors - the lower screen in particular is a dust magnet and it takes a degree of patience to completely clean the screen of dust and apply the protector without leaving any trapped underneath. There are various cleaning tools supplied with the kit which work well.
The cost of the two protectors was £49.99 plus shipping. Certainly more reasonable than the Suncoast set, but still not exactly cheap. However, I'm happy that they're pretty good value compared to other options.

Overall, I recommend the screen protectors if you're bothered about finger marks on the screen (or physical damage of course). Just be prepared to live with the visible edges which don't extend to the full area of the panels.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Reactions: B61

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Yes, very useful post. I was looking at these but must admit I was expecting them to fit flush. I’ve just taken a punt on the £5 screen wipes posted above so will give these a try first.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Does the sun coast version sit flush? Anyone have those and want to share a pic?

mystique

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 911 C4S, 2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does the sun coast version sit flush? Anyone have those and want to share a pic?

The suncoast version is a perfect fit(full coverage).

If you get these, I recommend using some tape at the edges to help align the screen protector instead of your bare hands. Also peel a little off the outer film covering before you start so it is easier to remove that outer protective film after installing.

The kit comes with a professional grade squeegee (one side wrapped in felt)

Kit includes these screens:
- Instrument Cluster
- Center Console Panel
- Rear AC Center Console Panel (for cars with optional 4-Zone Climate Control)
- Main Radio / Communication Management Screen
- Passenger Entertainment Screen

I only used the following:
- Instrument Cluster
- Center Console Panel
- Main Radio / Communication Management Screen

Picture is not that great in the garage but you can see the fit for the Center Console Panel which has some anti-glare properties (but definitely not a matte finish)

Porsche Taycan Car Touchscreen Protector for Taycan - review IMG_1306

marc

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s
Country flag
Screen looks terrible with the Sun Coast screen protector. I applied it(and yes, I removed the secondary film). It radically changes the interior appearance--I removed the main center section as well as the passenger side immediately after applying them.
Note that while the main touchscreen panel protector fits well, this may not be the case for other panels. The package of protectors included two separate protectors for the passenger side, and in conjunction with each other they do not properly cover the screen.

OP
OP
bootsie

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I had an email from Car Touchscreen Protector to say they'd updated the central display protector to cover the full shape of the touchscreen (though I see there's still an edge to it)

Porsche Taycan Car Touchscreen Protector for Taycan - review image0

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Got the small one from CTP and did not like the fact that it not covers the whole screen, so I send them back.
Then I got those:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vYBaQt
It is a full cover, fit perfect, bargain.
Did you apply the entire suite of protective film that this company provides or just on the main PCM screens... ?

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did you apply the entire suite of protective film that this company provides or just on the main PCM screens... ?
Just the main screens and the parts on the side of the screens. Not all the buttons.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Screen looks terrible with the Sun Coast screen protector. I applied it(and yes, I removed the secondary film). It radically changes the interior appearance--I removed the main center section as well as the passenger side immediately after applying them.
Note that while the main touchscreen panel protector fits well, this may not be the case for other panels. The package of protectors included two separate protectors for the passenger side, and in conjunction with each other they do not properly cover the screen.
I have to agree. I cut out custom shapes using the TechArmor screen protectors for all the exposed screens except the driver display. The edges were all perfect and pretty much undetectable, so I was pretty proud of the job I'd done. I removed the dash screen protectors almost immediately because I felt they really detracted from the look of the interior. The glossy glass finish of all the screens makes the interior really 'pop', and I love the look (below). After about a week with the screen protector on the console screen I removed it because it was getting even duller because of the dirt/grease that you have on your fingers. It avoids fingerprints but it is not a magic dirt/grease repellant. I just carry a small bottle of cleaner and a cloth in my console and wipe every few weeks and the interior looks fantastic. The pic below is without any cleaning after a week or so.

Porsche Taycan Car Touchscreen Protector for Taycan - review IMG_0325

sds1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Turbo, 991.2 GT3 Touring, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I installed the Sun Coast screen protectors and the product has exceeded my expectations.

I was initially looking for simple protection, but there is a noticeable difference in the appearance of finger prints. Good quality, easy to install and smooth to the touch.

I definitely recommend the product if you are considering purchasing.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Anyone have luck with PPF applied to the screens? Gloss or matte.
Sponsored