Jsuo19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
Country flag
Anyone in the LA / southern cal area recommend a car transport company. I live in the bay area and am picking up my GTS from PECLA in early January. I was originally going to drive it back myself but I couldn't get a Friday appointment and don't have time during the week for a 6 hour drive
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Make time. I trucked a car once, never again. It went ”missing” for several weeks and I was livid.

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
Drive it. You will not want to put it on a truck after the delivery experience.

I just did the exact thing you will do earlier this week. It was a great way to get to know the car.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
One option is to get the delivery experience whatever day you can and ask them if you can keep the car there until you come back the following week on a friday to pick it up.

It is a great ride back, if you take the coast route for the views, or i-5 for the ahem....careful attention to the 70 mph speed limit.

That probably would be cheaper and certainly safer than a transport, since it is just one more one way ticket.

wil932

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I agree with everyone above. You would be giving up a nice opportunity and a chance to really get to know the car. But if you must, I can recommend Reliable Carriers of Chandler, AZ 800-521-6393. I had them bring a car up from the Bay Area to the NW without any problems. Good luck.

OP
OP

Jsuo19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
Country flag
Thank you all for the advice. Having pecla store it until Saturday when I can fly down and drive it back is a good idea

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone in the LA / southern cal area recommend a car transport company. I live in the bay area and am picking up my GTS from PECLA in early January. I was originally going to drive it back myself but I couldn't get a Friday appointment and don't have time during the week for a 6 hour drive
I’ll drive it!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Make time. I trucked a car once, never again. It went ”missing” for several weeks and I was livid.
That's why Apple makes AirTags. I would also think a Taycan should be trackable via the phone app, no? I'm asking as I will be shipping my Taycan across the country, since it's arriving at the opposite coast.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
That's why Apple makes AirTags. I would also think a Taycan should be trackable via the phone app, no? I'm asking as I will be shipping my Taycan across the country, since it's arriving at the opposite coast.
In 2016 my 2014 car was not connected, and Airtags didn’t exist :)

GTSCarLife

First Name
GTS Car Life
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 997 GTS, 85.5 944, 16 Cayenne S, 23Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Apple AirTags suck. I have them in all my cars, and a few personal items. They are VERY laggy, the batteries run out quickly and they only work when there is a phone with BlueTooth nearby. So if you've got one in your car, and there isn't someone with a Bluetooth phone turned on and within a few feet, they don't work. I'm sure there are much better tracking devices out there.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you do truck it, use a high end company like Reliable or Plycar, and request a closed trailer. DO NOT use a service like Uline or Uship. Most ‘shipping companies’ are just referral services that farm it out to independent contractors. Don’t use them. It’s roulette.

It will cost a fair bit to ship it with a good carrier.

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
I will offer you my service f . you fly me down, have me spend the day at the experience center(i initially missed out) pay for my hotel and I will drive it back for you. . its alot of work and effort on my part but I will make this sacrifice for a board memeber. ;)
Sponsored