Car wash recommendations for San Francisco?

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can anyone recommend a detailer or car wash in San Francisco? I don't have space (condo) to wash it myself, so looking for a place that I can go to regularly (every two weeks). Thank you.
Sponsored

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Can anyone recommend a detailer or car wash in San Francisco? I don't have space (condo) to wash it myself, so looking for a place that I can go to regularly (every two weeks). Thank you.
FWIW I washed my Tesla in my parking spot for 3 years without moving the car. You just need a bucket, some rinseless solution like Optimum No Rinse, and maybe 6 microfiber cloths. Research the 1 bucket wash method. 0 wasted water too. I plan to wash my Taycan like this as well.

The bottle of solution cost about $25 on Amazon, and I've used maybe 1/4 of it after 3 years of washing every 2 weeks (a bit less during the pandemic).

OP
OP

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you, I appreciate it. But, I'd rather find a good carwash. Thanks for any recommendations!!

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
Geary is a long boulevard. What's the cross street?
Geary is a long boulevard. What's the cross street?
My son used to live in Lower Pacific Heights and he would take his car to the car wash at 444 Divisdero. He now lives in the Inner Sunset and there is a car wash where you simply sit in the car at 19th and Lincoln (right by Golden Gate Park). Fully automated. You have to dry it yourself. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
Awesome! Thanks, everyone!
I noticed that the car wash on Lincoln Way advertises an “underbody spray.” This feature might be common throughout US car washes. (i lvr on east coast). What about the effect on the battery down there? This might be different from ordinary road spray if it’s a jet blast of water. It might be a good idea to avoid under-spray until more is known. Steve

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
I noticed that the car wash on Lincoln Way advertises an “underbody spray.” This feature might be common throughout US car washes. (i lvr on east coast). What about the effect on the battery down there? This might be different from ordinary road spray if it’s a jet blast of water. It might be a good idea to avoid under-spray until more is known. Steve
You'll be assured to know that the main batteries are sandwiched in between the car with a top cover, waterproof casing, further reinforced by a bulkhead plate, followed by a full underbody panel. The mech engineers at Porsche thought of everything when it comes to that department. Now, if only their software engineers could match the level of thoroughness and diligence of their counterpart ......

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
everything is already known, the battery pack is well sealed and as long as it hasn't been damaged an underbody wash is of no consequence.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Thank you, I appreciate it. But, I'd rather find a good carwash. Thanks for any recommendations!!
any touchless car wash is good for a light cleaning, you'll need to do a handwash for deeper cleaning. I generally do the touchless washes unless like the other night I murdered thousands of bugs on a long night ride and had to hand wash the remnants off by hand

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
everything is already known, the battery pack is well sealed and as long as it hasn't been damaged an underbody wash is of no consequence.
A quick review of the owners’ manual published on this forum show no particular cautions regarding the underbody cleaning. I take some comfort from that. But such is not the case for assistance sensors. They are to be cleaned “using only clean water and a little wash-up liquid or window cleaning agents for interior windows.” Manual, p. 66. How this is to be accomplished in your garden variety American car wash is problematic. It was this Manual caution for sensors that prompted my question, given the voltages we are dealing with and the expense of replacement or repair of our battery. Recall that many Teslas were destroyed in Houston when hurricane flood waters rose to battery height levels. Rich’s Repair‘s excellent website documents a case. There are obvious differences, but use of high pressure water/chemical jets and the potential for infiltration still concerns me. Specific assurance from Porsche on the point would be good, especially as I am sure many owners will be using car washes. I would like to do so, as I did for my 911.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
A quick review of the owners’ manual published on this forum show no particular cautions regarding the underbody cleaning. I take some comfort from that. But such is not the case for assistance sensors. They are to be cleaned “using only clean water and a little wash-up liquid or window cleaning agents for interior windows.” Manual, p. 66. How this is to be accomplished in your garden variety American car wash is problematic. It was this Manual caution for sensors that prompted my question, given the voltages we are dealing with and the expense of replacement or repair of our battery. Recall that many Teslas were destroyed in Houston when hurricane flood waters rose to battery height levels. Rich’s Repair‘s excellent website documents a case. There are obvious differences, but use of high pressure water/chemical jets and the potential for infiltration still concerns me. Specific assurance from Porsche on the point would be good, especially as I am sure many owners will be using car washes. I would like to do so, as I did for my 911.
you are looking for issues where none exist, flood water levels and a high spray car wash? come on

OP
OP

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Picking this up again; is there an actual "touchless" automated car wash in San Francisco? No brushes, just water, and soap. The only one I can find is https://www.touchfreewash.com/ which is in San Bruno-- a little far for me. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited: