misterfring

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne
Country flag
Adding my experience. 22 RWD delivered in November. Turning out of my neighborhood at a slow speed and it shifted into N mid-turn. Luckily I noticed and was able shift into drive to complete the turn. Then, 5 mins later while frantically searching this thread at a stoplight, it shifted into park on its own.
Sponsored

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
It happens to me three times now. Very troubling as you are waiting at the light. You have to understand what is going on first. Your brain is all over the place trying to figure out. It happens again today and I was able to switch back to drive without mental eclipse.
I will not bring my car to the dealership for them to tell me they were not able to reproduce the issue.

BluBaby

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can add to this. Porsche is aware of this issue. Porsche USA sent an engineer down to Naples from Atlanta to look at my car. It had shifted into park twice and neutral once at stops between 1300 and 1700 miles. They hooked some diagnostic equipment up and drove it around for several days but of course it didn't repeat the behavior. Porsche Naples had my car for two weeks before I got tried of waiting to get it back. I offered to drive the car with their monitor software/equipment but they turned down my offer. Lucky for them they found an employees car doing the same thing and took their diagnostic equipment out of my car. I hope they find the bug in their software or hardware. The Taycan is a great car but the software is like a late beta. I really expected better.

OP
OP

EVer

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3
Country flag
Is everyone reporting this issue here driving a 2022 RWD? I’ve had my car in service for a week, getting it back today, they did find error codes and finally replaced a part as per my SA, I’ll report here what they did exactly later.

OP
OP

EVer

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3
Country flag
So just got car back, they changed the gateway control module, said when they scanned the car got several HUNDRED faults in the gateway control module, not communicating with different CAN bus systems. Required removing center console and PCM to get to the gateway control module apparently. Hope this helps with my car and maybe helpful info for some of you

Emokeff88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
22 RWD - This just happened to me today, the car went into park while waiting at a busy traffic light and I had no idea it did. I had a few seconds of panic and angry drivers before I figured it out.

IcanTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, BMW 328xi
Country flag
So just got car back, they changed the gateway control module, said when they scanned the car got several HUNDRED faults in the gateway control module, not communicating with different CAN bus systems. Required removing center console and PCM to get to the gateway control module apparently. Hope this helps with my car and maybe helpful info for some of you
Hopefully this fixes the issues for you. Though it sounds like the dealer didnt root cause the faulty gateway control module to be the cause of the issue you were seeing? Seems like they saw a bunch of faults and replaced the module in hopes that it fixes the reported issue as well. Has so far all these been reported on RWDs only?

T4S22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi, did your dealer provide color around specific error codes or how they were able to identify the gateway control module as the issue even though no error logs came back the first time?

This happened to my 2022 Taycan 4S shortly after I picked it up. Switching to Park while stopped at a red light, switching to Park or Neutral while turning into a parking spot, and the worst was when I was going through an intersection and it switched to Neutral and I was unable to brake. Nearly rear-ended car in front but fortunately was able to switch back to Drive in time.

I brought it up to the dealership and they found a number of error codes that they cleared out. I drove it for another month and a half and it was all fine until it started happening again last week (switching to Park at a red light and switching to Neutral while parking). This time dealer was unable to find error logs (and for some reason had not kept records of what the original errors were), ran more extensive tests, and did an extended test drive. They were unable to replicate issue and said Porsche has not issued any notice on this matter / they cannot do anything further unless I can document issue while it happens...

Any additional detail you might be able to provide would be helpful

Thank you

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
Just to add my my22 CT has done this too, only the once on the 2nd day of owning it at a stop light. I half thought it was me but I know I didn’t do anything because you never go near the drive selector. Not done it since thankfully.

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Chalk me up for same error as well…. Arg.
my wife (she drives it most) tells me that it happened 3 times to her this week. Jerk, neutral, park without intervention and while in low speed traffic.Ours is a MY22 CT… I’ll have to call the dealer next week.I thought my ipace spent a lot of time at the dealer, but the Taycan is catching up…

OP
OP

EVer

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3
Country flag
There has to be at least 10-15 people now on this thread reporting this problem. How many people reported the stalling problem before Porsche finally had the earlier recall (AMB5)? I hope this is getting Porsche’s attention if enough dealerships are reporting this issue back to them.
As I reported on an earlier post my dealer changed the gateway module and now all seems to be well in my Taycan. It even seemed to get rid of a loud thunk I’d hear and feel in the back motor some times while coasting at low speed.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
278 complaints made to US NHTSA about Hondas braking unnecessarily caused a formal investigation. See this link .
See post #56 above about how to report.

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
my dealer said porsche knows about this issue and is investigating it. no repairs were done to mine. picked it up last week.
Sponsored