Carbon fiber Lip Spoiler

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So I’ve been thinking of installing a low profile lip spoiler. I’m torn on whether to do it or not. I’m not a fan of those high wing even a stand out spoiler but something very subtle might look good.
I’d like to see what you experts think. has anyone installed one? Pics?
lastly, DC Carbon on eBay has some that are adhesive mounted. does that work? I definitely don’t want to drill holes.

Thanks.
Sponsored

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
lastly, DC Carbon on eBay has some that are adhesive mounted. does that work? I definitely don’t want to drill holes.
I have no idea (and I personally would not add a spoiler... also, you know that there is one that automatically deploys at speed? You would have to make sure that that's disabled or not in the way), but what kind of adhesive is this that you can trust it to not fly off the car at speed?

OP
OP
Basebull7

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes I know there is spoiler that deploys at higher speeds. This really is more for just aesthetics. I’m leaning towards doing nothing and keeping the car standard.

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
I personally Love my Spoiler. I even went as far as making a Rear Window Spoiler too.
I just used a heavy 3M Double stick tape like all the Manufacturer's use. Never had a problem with either of mine.
If you like the look don't let anyone change your mind.
If you like the Rear Window let me know my friend is a Custom Fabricator and we created it ourselves.
David

Porsche Taycan Carbon fiber Lip Spoiler Screenshot_20230305_013328_Photos

OP
OP
Basebull7

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I like it…thanks for the reply. I’m gonna do it I just bought one. ill post pics when i install it.

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
On my side I prefer more discreet and I found that.

Porsche Taycan Carbon fiber Lip Spoiler C7AB01F6-934C-4AF6-A5E7-046E171B2E8F

Porsche Taycan Carbon fiber Lip Spoiler 09F0C299-7D95-4E68-B44C-23C421304C25

Porsche Taycan Carbon fiber Lip Spoiler 63A598DF-5E3E-431E-AD3F-82B43E310799

I have just received it and it is a beautiful piece in flexible carbon to be glued with bodywork glue. My version is a CT I haven't seen it on any CT I hope it will be fine!

normally the shape of the rear edge is the same :fingerscrossed:

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
There’s no such thing as flexible carbon (unless it's just the weave without the resin)… It’s just rubber with a carbon print.

I also think a discrete lip would enhance the car. I don’t want carbon but I don’t want a generic rubber spoiler either. I’d seen the one mentioned above but it’s just too cheap. The Techart carbon one is nice but I’d be loathe pay nearly 800 quid for that and then more to paint it gloss black.

With the lack of feasible options I’ve decided just to leave it as-is until I come across something I fancy. Personally think that one that is wider than the automated OEM spoiler looks horrendous. Has to be an OEM+ look for me personally.

Last edited:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
On my side I prefer more discreet and I found that.

C7AB01F6-934C-4AF6-A5E7-046E171B2E8F.jpeg

09F0C299-7D95-4E68-B44C-23C421304C25.jpeg

63A598DF-5E3E-431E-AD3F-82B43E310799.jpeg

I have just received it and it is a beautiful piece in flexible carbon to be glued with bodywork glue. My version is a CT I haven't seen it on any CT I hope it will be fine!

normally the shape of the rear edge is the same :fingerscrossed:
Where would that possibly go on a CT?

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
There’s no such thing as flexible carbon… It’s just rubber with a carbon print.

I also think a discrete lip would enhance the car. I don’t want carbon but I don’t want a generic rubber spoiler either. I’d seen the one mentioned above but it’s just too cheap. The Techart carbon one is nice but I’d be loathe pay nearly 800 quid for that and then more to paint it gloss black.

With the lack of feasible options I’ve decided just to leave it as-is until I come across something I fancy. Personally think that one that is wider than the automated OEM spoiler looks horrendous. Has to be an OEM+ look for me personally.
Usually I am going for OEM or really best quality but I order this depending the price I do not care of the risk..and oh surprise me this is really beautiful part ;)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
My version is a CT I haven't seen it on any CT I hope it will be fine!
On the CT it will increase drag and reduce range.

If a roof has attached flow any "spoiler" on it which detaches the flow, and it doesn't take much, will maybe reduce lift but definitely increase drag.

If you like the styling, fine, but be aware it will degrade the aerodynamics of the car in terms of drag.

CxM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are there any long tail spoilers like those available on Teslas?
Sponsored