QD32

First Name
Desi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I don't have the passenger side display panel, so I have a gigantic shiny black piece of plastic that has tons of tiny scratches all over it. And from time to time several fingerprints. WHY do car manufacturers keep putting piano black panels all over the dash and consoles?

I would like to replace that panel with a matching matte carbon fiber panel like I have on the doors (the factory carbon fiber interior option). In reality, I would love to do the same on the lower panels on both side of the steering column as well, but the passenger side is more important.

Does anyone make this? Is there an experienced company willing to make this if paid for up front?
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I don't have the passenger side display panel, so I have a gigantic shiny black piece of plastic that has tons of tiny scratches all over it. And from time to time several fingerprints. WHY do car manufacturers keep putting piano black panels all over the dash and consoles?

I would like to replace that panel with a matching matte carbon fiber panel like I have on the doors (the factory carbon fiber interior option). In reality, I would love to do the same on the lower panels on both side of the steering column as well, but the passenger side is more important.

Does anyone make this? Is there an experienced company willing to make this if paid for up front?
I haven't got mine yet so haven't looked, and I don't like carbon fibre as a trim material (I have been using it as a structural material since 1979) but if it is flat there may be a company laminating CF for clients as structural parts in CA who may be able to cut you a pice that you can afix using double sided tape.
A search may find one, and if they have a big enough off-cut it shouldn't be expensive, we used to throw away off cuts that big!

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
WHY do car manufacturers keep putting piano black panels all over the dash and consoles? So we will buy one of the options.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Can always put interior Xpel film on the piano black pieces.

OP
OP
QD32

QD32

First Name
Desi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I haven't got mine yet so haven't looked, and I don't like carbon fibre as a trim material (I have been using it as a structural material since 1979) but if it is flat there may be a company laminating CF for clients as structural parts in CA who may be able to cut you a pice that you can afix using double sided tape.
A search may find one, and if they have a big enough off-cut it shouldn't be expensive, we used to throw away off cuts that big!
It's mostly flat, but curves into the air vent, so sticking on a flat piece would look terrible. It would need to be a piece that is molded to the same shape and replaces what is there now.

OP
OP
QD32

QD32

First Name
Desi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
WHY do car manufacturers keep putting piano black panels all over the dash and consoles? So we will buy one of the options.
So true, but in this case there is still other shiny black areas that don't have options to cover. Luckily in out Taycan there is none on the center console around the cup holders. Had a ton in my previous e-tron and aa Tesla that looked terrible after a while.

OP
OP
QD32

QD32

First Name
Desi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Can always put interior Xpel film on the piano black pieces.
Agree - thinking about that. And thinking about going with matte expel so that it tones down the shine.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Photo's please:).

Here you go. Sort of hard to photograph because of the gloss.

We actually did these films twice. First with matt finish. I liked it on the 3 touch screens. Did NOT like it on the passenger panel. Glad we switched all surfaces to gloss.

Porsche Taycan Carbon fiber passenger side dash panel? 20211105_131855

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
OP
OP
QD32

QD32

First Name
Desi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I just put on a carbon fiber cover in my Tesla Y to cover the glossy center console:

https://evannex.com/products/interior-vinyl-kit-for-tesla-model-3-y

The installation was pretty easy. You need to trim the sides after installation.

I'm wondering if this would fit the Taycan passenger display panel?
With real carbon fiber on the doors and the sides of the center console, it would look terrible with a fake carbon fiber sticker on the dash. Can't go that way.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Just did this on my RWD. 3 Screens and the passenger side panel. XPEL gloss film. $100. A no-brainer.
Be careful as some have done it on the displays and water, during application, caused electrical damage.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Be careful as some have done it on the displays and water, during application, caused electrical damage.
Xpel applied to center console screen. ZERO issues.