First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Hi,

I'm going with full leather interior over the GTS interior trim, but am frustrated to lose the GTS badge in the bottom of the steering wheel.
Does anybody know whether the "Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel with Trim in Matte Carbon Fiber" brings this badge back?

The configurator information tab does not mention it, but shows a steering wheel with contrast stitching and GTS badge, so my hope is triggered.

Porsche Taycan Carbon fiber steering wheel for GTS? detail_M2PF_l_0

Still, the picture seems to be from a spec with crayon interior package, so the badge may not have anything to do with the separate steering wheel option...
Sponsored

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Not sure about the GTS badge, but I also asked my dealer about that same option (Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel with Trim in Matte Carbon Fiber) since I wanted a leather steering wheel with the carbon fiber trim.

The picture in the option's "more info" popup shows a leather steering wheel with carbon fiber, but the configurator preview renders the steering wheel in Race-Tex. I thought it was a glitch since there are other options that specify a Race-Tex steering wheel with the trim in carbon fiber. It's also odd that every other Taycan trim level (4S, Turbo, etc) has an option that specifies a leather steering wheel with carbon fiber trim, so I thought this was surely a mistake on the GTS configurator.

This is what my dealer had to say about it:
As for the Steering wheel, my contact at Porsche Cars North America says that a leather rimmed wheel is a no cost option, but it is not available once you choose the Matte Carbon option, so now we know on that.
So... that doesn't help with your GTS badging question, but it doesn't seem like that option will even get you a leather steering wheel at all (unless my dealer is incorrect.)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Alias

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure about the GTS badge, but I also asked my dealer about that same option (Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel with Trim in Matte Carbon Fiber) since I wanted a leather steering wheel with the carbon fiber trim.

The picture in the option's "more info" popup shows a leather steering wheel with carbon fiber, but the configurator preview renders the steering wheel in Race-Tex. I thought it was a glitch since there are other option that specifies a Race-Tex steering wheel with the trim in carbon fiber. It's also odd that every other Taycan trim level (4S, Turbo, etc) has an option that specifies a leather steering wheel with carbon fiber trim, so I thought this was surely a mistake on the GTS configurator.

So... that doesn't help with your GTS badging question, but it doesn't seem like that option will even get you a leather steering wheel at all (unless my dealer is incorrect.)
Thank you, that's very valuable information! The carbon wheel is definitely out if it's RaceTex.

Like you, I assumed a glitchy config as with other things (e.g. leather interior showed GTS logo on headrest, RaceTex B-pillar shows Race-Tex door sills). The level of config glitches and misinformation among sales reps is curios for a brand with such demanding customers.

Will be interesting to see what surprises I get when the car arrives ?

OP
OP

Alias

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

The picture in the option's "more info" popup shows a leather steering wheel with carbon fiber, but the configurator preview renders the steering wheel in Race-Tex. I thought it was a glitch since there are other options that specify a Race-Tex steering wheel with the trim in carbon fiber. It's also odd that every other Taycan trim level (4S, Turbo, etc) has an option that specifies a leather steering wheel with carbon fiber trim, so I thought this was surely a mistake on the GTS configurator.

Looked in the Norwegian configurator, and it actually says "Heated GT sport steering wheel in leather with trim in matte carbon (in combination with Sport Chrono and Race Tex interior)", so there's still a ray of hope ;) Will ask my sales rep to double check and post again.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Thanks for sharing! That's really interesting. The US configurator doesn't mention anything about leather.

Porsche Taycan Carbon fiber steering wheel for GTS? Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 7.46.43 AM

Please let me know if you get further clarification. My dealer is supposed to get their Taycan GTS demo car soon and call me about it, so I'll ask him about it again the next time I speak with him.

OP
OP

Alias

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for sharing! That's really interesting. The US configurator doesn't mention anything about leather.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 7.46.43 AM.png

Please let me know if you get further clarification. My dealer is supposed to get their Taycan GTS demo car soon and call me about it, so I'll ask him about it again the next time I speak with him.
Spoke with the dealer today - his understanding was that it is leather (because it says so, and shows a leather wheel in the "more info" photo), but that stitching and GTS badge was because of the GTS interior in the photo, does not come with the carbon trimmed wheel.

He also suggested eBay for the GTS badge on the steering wheel ?

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
That's great news! Appreciate the clarification. I'll update this thread if I get any further info from my dealer. Good luck with that GTS badge!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Hi,

I'm going with full leather interior over the GTS interior trim, but am frustrated to lose the GTS badge in the bottom of the steering wheel.
Does anybody know whether the "Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel with Trim in Matte Carbon Fiber" brings this badge back?

The configurator information tab does not mention it, but shows a steering wheel with contrast stitching and GTS badge, so my hope is triggered.

detail_M2PF_l_0.jpg

Still, the picture seems to be from a spec with crayon interior package, so the badge may not have anything to do with the separate steering wheel option...
Note both the standard GTS interior and if you go leather interior, the "GTS" badge is removed from the steering wheel. You can see this in the configurator and it's easier to see using the white background so there isn't a glare on that part of the steering wheel.

If you want the leather steering wheel with the carbon trim - and this was confusing at first - it's the first steering wheel option in the "Interior Carbon" selection and is named:

"Heated steering wheel with carbon trim (for leather interior with Sport Chrono)"

Which is confusing because no where does it state the material, which is leather. The other two steering wheel options with the carbon trim are both "Race-Tex" and you can see that in the name of those options.

That means the dealer that @spicyypenguin mentioned is wrong, and should your order have locked in on said dealer's advice, you would have ended up with a Race-Tex steering wheel. But then I should imagine most dealers don't scrutinise nor are as anal as those of us actually spending the £130k on a car, so I can forgive them for misunderstanding some of the Configurator options.

Finally, for the leather steering wheel with carbon trim, you will notice this too does not add the "GTS" badge to the steering wheel. It's automatically deleted.

The only interior packages that have the "GTS" badge on the steering wheel are the upgraded Carmine Red or Chalk GTS interior packages - and that also means a Racetex steering wheel that cannot be changed to leather.

I personally have specced leather as it's going to be my DD. I have no intention to track the car, which is what the full Race-Tex interior is aimed at.

I don't really care about the "GTS" badge everywhere, it seems a bit 14-year old schoolboy for me and is kind of like wearing a garish designer t-shirt with the brand printed all over it. I prefer subtlety and most people wouldn't know what marks the GTS as "special" in the first place. They will just observe a very nice looking sports car.

The only model-specific kit I might consider is the standard bodykit that retains "GTS" in the sideskirts. Unconvinced the carbon Sports Design Package, which deletes "GTS" in the sideskirts, is worth the cost where the cosmetic differences are so subtle.

Last edited:

OP
OP

Alias

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi all, anyone been able to get a hold of the GTS steering wheel badge separately?

Am able to get it if I buy the full steering wheel frame (carbon spokes and all), but that will be about £1000, and am not that desperate for my GTS bling...

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi,

detail_M2PF_l_0.jpg

You lose it, which is precisely why the two (pricey) GTS interior packages exist.

Interestingly, the standard GTS Race-Tex interior also comes sans the GTS badge on the steering wheel. It is likely one of those innocuous psychological nudges to get you to pay for the Carmine Red or Chalk upgraded GTS interior.

I wonder if you could ask your dealer for the part? No doubt it will be hundreds of euros, but it seems such a quick and simple thing to swap out - and further GTS's your GTS leather interior.

I was in fact going to ask my dealer about this as I too am going full leather interior on my GTS, and it would be cool, though not a big issue, to have the GTS badge on the steering wheel.

OP
OP

Alias

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You lose it, which is precisely why the two (pricey) GTS interior packages exist.

Interestingly, the standard GTS Race-Tex interior also comes sans the GTS badge on the steering wheel. It is likely one of those innocuous psychological nudges to get you to pay for the Carmine Red or Chalk upgraded GTS interior.

I wonder if you could ask your dealer for the part? No doubt it will be hundreds of euros, but it seems such a quick and simple thing to swap out - and further GTS's your GTS leather interior.

I was in fact going to ask my dealer about this as I too am going full leather interior on my GTS, and it would be cool, though not a big issue, to have the GTS badge on the steering wheel.
I already got the car, so am now trawling the web to find the little plastic bracket with the GTS logo on it, but so far no luck.

My local Porsche dealer could not get it, and when I reached out to Stuttgart, I ended up at my local dealer again after a few emails with polite Germans.

I'll buy a sticker and put there if I can't find it soon, just want the inside of the car to know it's a GTS as well 🤪

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I already got the car, so am now trawling the web to find the little plastic bracket with the GTS logo on it, but so far no luck.

My local Porsche dealer could not get it, and when I reached out to Stuttgart, I ended up at my local dealer again after a few emails with polite Germans.

I'll buy a sticker and put there if I can't find it soon, just want the inside of the car to know it's a GTS as well 🤪
You probably can't buy it separately. It would make sense that Porsche build components in full modules, then it just needs to be assembled in the main factory. I doubt there is a whole team in Zuffenhausen just building steering wheels and trim.

It also explains why it's not an option and Porsche HQ will send you on a never ending circle of 'speak to your dealer'.

So if an owner wants the "GTS" badge on the steering wheel... It will likely mean spending 2-3k euros on a brand new GTS steering wheel.

Again, not worth it - either money or hassle.

Last edited:

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
Spoke with the dealer today - his understanding was that it is leather (because it says so, and shows a leather wheel in the "more info" photo), but that stitching and GTS badge was because of the GTS interior in the photo, does not come with the carbon trimmed wheel.

He also suggested eBay for the GTS badge on the steering wheel ?
I am having this same fight with my dealer rep right now. Would absolutely LOVE the carbon wheel if I can have it with a leather rim. If it's Race-Tex only, it's a no-go. Do we know if anyone has taken delivery of a carbon steering wheel with a leather rim? I'd love to show a picture to my dealer rep...

PS - in another post, the option code "2PF" is described as “Carbon/leather GT steering wheel with heating.” So I am feeling optimistic.

new2porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ7, 458, V60 P
Country flag
I am sure that folks from this thread have received your cars by now. Could someone please:
  1. Share photos of the leather steering wheel with carbon trim
  2. Confirm which magical option allowed for the leather wheel? I have chosen “Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel with Trim in Matte Carbon Fiber” (with my car spec’d in leather

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I am sure that folks from this thread have received your cars by now. Could someone please:
  1. Share photos of the leather steering wheel with carbon trim
  2. Confirm which magical option allowed for the leather wheel? I have chosen “Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel with Trim in Matte Carbon Fiber” (with my car spec’d in leather
Steering Wheel Trim Carbon matt and Steering Wheel Rim Leather including Steering Wheel Heating (i.c.w. Sport Chrono Package and Leather Interior)
UK
Porsche Taycan Carbon fiber steering wheel for GTS? IMG_0374
Sponsored