Carmine red GTS - with what interior colour?

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Trying to decide interior for the GTS that has a Carmine Red exterior.

I have ruled out the Racetex despite seeing/sitting in a Taycan GTS that had it. It is nice, but I just feel it is aimed too much at track racing, something I won't be doing. Also concerned about maintenance demands to keep it looking good.

For leather, I initially opted for black with burgundy seat belts/exterior colour trim. But it's still dreary and the burgundy might clash - too many shades of red.

Now trying to decide between brighter colours: Meranti brown/dark silver accents/meranti brown seat belts; Atacama beige with dark silver accents/slate grey seat belts (latter works nicely with grey parts of interior trim); black/chalk and slate grey seat belts (chalk seat belts just seems too monotone).

I'm loathe to paying even more money for the Club leather, but at the same time want a plush interior that works nicely with the Carmine Red exterior.

I don't have kids, pets nor will I be transporting lots of people so lighter colours aren't a concern in terms of staining/damage.

Would love to get some thoughts to help me decide.

Porsche Taycan Carmine red GTS - with what interior colour? 1645101336558
Porsche Taycan Carmine red GTS - with what interior colour? 1645101368054

Porsche Taycan Carmine red GTS - with what interior colour? 1645101481836

Porsche Taycan Carmine red GTS - with what interior colour? 1645101424185

Porsche Taycan Carmine red GTS - with what interior colour? 1645101565446
Porsche Taycan Carmine red GTS - with what interior colour? 1645101578743

Last edited:

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
If you don’t have kids or pets then I wouldn’t rule out the Racetex purely from a maintenance point of view.

Moto_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Sport Tourismo (waiting on allotment)
Country flag
I went with the Meranti brown and dark silver accents on my gentian blue. That was not my color choice when I arrived at the dealer, but the meranti brown in person was much lighter than shown on the website configure tool and looked amazing. I liked the look of the racetex and think it may be easier to care for, but not having a ventilated seat in my neck of the woods was a determining factor. The choice on leather also allowed me to spec the massage seats. Yep, I’m soft!

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I'm RaceTex all the way. The seats feel a lot nicer to me, and provide additional grip - not something that's only useful for the track. I reckon they'll be cooler in summer too (winter not an issue - heated seats :)).

With no kids, maintenance isn't an issue. I have kids, and am still going for it.

For leather....I'd be going one of the beige/tan colours with Carmine red. Possibly get the seat inserts in a slightly different colour too? (e.g. slate grey). If you're not going with the "GTS" interior, you want something that looks top notch.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
If you okay with Race-Tex:

the GTS interior package option (carmine red)

If you prefer leather:

Black leather (full leather) + red seatbelt

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went all red inside and outside. It amazing.

And there was me thinking Carmine Red wouldn't pop in Britain's overcast weather. That colour is stunning!

You've specced out your Taycan very nicely!

I've never been keen on red interior, even stitching, so while I like how you've not gone for the monotone black, I'm stuck choosing between something light that works with the Carmine Red.

I'll contact my dealer and ask if he has swatches. I'm leaning more towards Meranti brown having looked at lots of photos online. The Atacama seems too yellow, and the Crayon too white, but tan seems to just work with red.

Hence my dilemma ?‍♂

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm RaceTex all the way. The seats feel a lot nicer to me, and provide additional grip - not something that's only useful for the track. I reckon they'll be cooler in summer too (winter not an issue - heated seats :)).

With no kids, maintenance isn't an issue. I have kids, and am still going for it.

For leather....I'd be going one of the beige/tan colours with Carmine red. Possibly get the seat inserts in a slightly different colour too? (e.g. slate grey). If you're not going with the "GTS" interior, you want something that looks top notch.
Agree about the tan! Seems to work very nicely with Carmine Red.

My issue with Race-Tex is more how the material looks after sitting on it for extended periods. It looks as though it will need regular brushing to ensure the fibres stay uniform; and then there's hand oils on the steering wheel.

Finally, the absurd premium Porsche charges for a cloth that is significantly cheaper to produce and work than leather.

I had alcantara in a recent Merc EGA AMG Line I was renting. It's ok, but spending £100k+ on a car, I want it to feel luxury, where Race-Tex looks and feels more 'mid-range' BMW.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
And there was me thinking Carmine Red wouldn't pop in Britain's overcast weather. That colour is stunning!

You've specced out your Taycan very nicely!

I've never been keen on red interior, even stitching, so while I like how you've not gone for the monotone black, I'm stuck choosing between something light that works with the Carmine Red.

I'll contact my dealer and ask if he has swatches. I'm leaning more towards Meranti brown having looked at lots of photos online. The Atacama seems too yellow, and the Crayon too white, but tan seems to just work with red.

Hence my dilemma ?‍♂
The carmine red just stands out whatever the weather. It's a head turner and many think it is a Ferrari. Especially as I had the PORSCHE at the back as black option which is near impossible to read now. There's a few round here white, black and blue but none stand out like carmine red. It just makes every other car down any street look boring. Kept the RWD spec to £100k and essential options only.

I love the white seats with red car (strawberry and cream) and had that for a BMW. The downside is dark chinos/jeans stain and you will be forever cleaning the leather as it shows more.

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went with the Meranti brown and dark silver accents on my gentian blue. That was not my color choice when I arrived at the dealer, but the meranti brown in person was much lighter than shown on the website configure tool and looked amazing. I liked the look of the racetex and think it may be easier to care for, but not having a ventilated seat in my neck of the woods was a determining factor. The choice on leather also allowed me to spec the massage seats. Yep, I’m soft!
Sounds stunning! Could you kindly post some pics?!

Searching Google images, there are very limited pics of Meranti Brown.

I wonder if that's because the configurator makes it look very dark, almost green in appearance; while meranti (wood) is more of a tan/red, so hardly anyone chooses it for their build.

Of the photos I have seen, the colour looks beautiful, but then between someone's camera, what they see on their viewfinder, and what I see on my monitor - that is a lot of colour calibration pass-the-parcel.

Massage seats in a car this fast?! That's like affixing a manicure kit to a tank ?

OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The carmine red just stands out whatever the weather. It's a head turner and many think it is a Ferrari. Especially as I had the PORSCHE at the back as black option which is near impossible to read now. There's a few round here white, black and blue but none stand out like carmine red. It just makes every other car down any street look boring. Kept the RWD spec to £100k and essential options only.

I love the white seats with red car (strawberry and cream) and had that for a BMW. The downside is dark chinos/jeans stain and you will be forever cleaning the leather as it shows more.
Agree - when I showed friends my GTS ST spec they asked me why I was getting "Ferrari red" on a Porsche ?

It's a classic Porsche colour and as you mention, really turns heads. I also find the bright or light colours work best with the Taycan.

I initially set a budget of £110k for a 4S CT, then found everything I wanted was on a £125k spec GTS ST, so stretched to that in the expectation it will also maintain its value for longer (only plan to keep the car two years before selling).

White seats (chalk) do look great on the Taycan, my worry is the constant cleaning as you mention. I'm sure it will be fine as I usually live in trousers that aren't jeans, but the maintenance could be worse than Race-Tex.

Moto_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Sport Tourismo (waiting on allotment)
Country flag
I almost snapped a picture of the exterior color with the black and meranti color sample while outdoors at the dealer. Meranti has a little more depth than simple beige and I think it’s more upscale looking. The limestone looked like it came from my old Acura or Volvo. Your mileage may vary (YMMV). It was a tough choice between Carmine, Neptune, and Gentian. Carmine is just sexy and begs for the local constable to pull me over for a closer look. Neptune is awesome, but I may tire of it after the honeymoon period. Gentian is simply a beautiful color that I’ve admired for years.

After driving a car with massage seats, it’s tough not to want them on every vehicle. Similar to a heated steering wheel. That’s another option that I won’t go without if it’s available.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
If not red - Chalk hands down.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
OP
OP
TaycanHero

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I posted a bunch of photos a while ago of my Atacama club leather interior with Carmine red exterior, if you want to see some examples. Personally, I think the combination looks great and makes the car feel a bit more sober than with e.g. an all black or red interior would.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...h-specced-turbo-s-ct-has-been-delivered.9359/
Excellent, thank you for this!

I'm definitely closer to deciding, though have asked my dealer for showroom examples or leather samples.

I do think Atacama is nice, though siding with either Meranti brown (which seems to appear as tan) or Crayon. The latter is also a "classic" GTS colour.

Decisions ?‍♂
Sponsored