First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E Tron
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I have deposit on Taycan RWD which is due to be built in October. I've changed the colour 5 times now🤦 It's currently being built in Carmine Red but I keep going back and forth between that and Crayon. If anyone has real life photos of either could they post them as you know they can look different in showroom. Would appreciate the help!
Sponsored

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Carmine Red or Crayon/Chalk Screenshot_20220722-123624_WhatsA

Porsche Taycan Carmine Red or Crayon/Chalk Screenshot_20220722-123635_WhatsA

This is my crayon grey RWD which is currently at the dealership in Nottingham being prepped for me to pick up next week. I deliberated on carmine red too. Lovely colour. Ended up with crayon. I'm a fan of Audi Nardo grey and crayon is quite similar. Quite a stylish colour on a Porsche I think.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I have deposit on Taycan RWD which is due to be built in October. I've changed the colour 5 times now🤦 It's currently being built in Carmine Red but I keep going back and forth between that and Crayon. If anyone has real life photos of either could they post them as you know they can look different in showroom. Would appreciate the help!
Have you looked at the colour-dedicated threads in the pics section of the forum?

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
Frankhy

Frankhy

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E Tron
Country flag
Have you looked at the colour-dedicated threads in the pics section of the forum?
No I hadn't actually didn't know that was on here. Just seen it now that's a great help thanks!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi everyone,

My advice would be not to rely on photos - especially when considering Carmine Red as all photos end up being over saturated and not an accurate representation of real life.

There should be a Carmine Red or Crayon 'something' in Dublin or Belfast I would have thought so that you can see in daylight. The dealer will have physical metal painted samples of all colours.

Personally, Carmine Red looks great in photos but less great in real life (especially in our climate) - it doesn't 'pop' and can look dull. Crayon can be beige in a certain light and looks the part in showroom lighting - again not one I'd end up choosing.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I think Carmine looks fantastic in real life, and it would be my choice.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
My advice would be not to rely on photos - especially when considering Carmine Red as all photos end up being over saturated and not an accurate representation of real life.

There should be a Carmine Red or Crayon 'something' in Dublin or Belfast I would have thought so that you can see in daylight. The dealer will have physical metal painted samples of all colours.

Personally, Carmine Red looks great in photos but less great in real life (especially in our climate) - it doesn't 'pop' and can look dull. Crayon can be beige in a certain light and looks the part in showroom lighting - again not one I'd end up choosing.
If it's not PPF'ed and ceramiced, CR can look like turd in certain light.

With both of those things - so it's glistening - even in low light it looks incredible.

I really like crayon and I think that looks good in all light conditions. It's a flat colour.

proficient_mathematician

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I considered Carmine Red, but thought it might be a little showy or garish. Now having seen several real life examples I don't think it comes off that way at all. If anything it's a bit mundane, a bit like any other red car on the road. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you don't want that much attention drawn to your Porsche. Crayon on the other hand kind of looks like someone forgot to paint over the primer. At least it makes any other bits of colour (e.g. brake calipers or interior) pop that much more.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I much prefer crayon, personally but I am not keen on red, apart from the more burgundy shades. Even avoided red with Ferrari…

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
CR looks so good in person. Only seen it on a Taycan in showroom though. Seen them more often on the SUVs.
Porsche Taycan Carmine Red or Crayon/Chalk 31B32F8A-74A4-4565-9A35-51ADFA023BDE

Porsche Taycan Carmine Red or Crayon/Chalk 2DBE1276-1AD9-4A7A-B4F6-F80858FECA5A

Personally I ordered Chalk.
Porsche Taycan Carmine Red or Crayon/Chalk 6A7C1E31-56BB-4A1F-BE04-401185EB3D3F
Porsche Taycan Carmine Red or Crayon/Chalk E723E358-8667-4929-95BE-7DCE87E5C015

Both are beautiful.

I had applied ceramic on mine, and the seemingly flat grey has a great sheen to it under the sun.

Last edited:

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Crayon somehow looks ok in photos but in real life looks like the undercoat. They forgot the top coat. I haven’t seen CR on a Taycan but it looks great on the cars I have seen it on. If that’s the choice, CR every time!

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Chalk/Crayon looks great on the Taycan, especially the Cross Turismo…

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
I had the exact dilemma when choosing a color for my Taycan GTS!

Carmine Red and Chalk were my top 2 favorite colors. From looking at pictures online, my concern for Chalk was that it can seem too beige in certain lighting - for Carmine Red, I was initially worried that it looked washed out in some photos.

In real life, Chalk is gorgeous and didn't come off as beige at all, that may have been the automatic color correction that modern phones/cameras apply to photos since this seems like a difficult color to capture. Here's a Taycan in Chalk at a nearby dealership, these two photos were taken minutes of each other - just from different angles.

Porsche Taycan Carmine Red or Crayon/Chalk IMG_4019

Porsche Taycan Carmine Red or Crayon/Chalk IMG_4020

None of the dealers in my area had anything in CR, so I initially selected Chalk and was very happy with my choice... until literally 2 days before my order locked and a red Taycan drove past me on an otherwise mundane errand run. The deep, rich red caught my attention right away, especially as it breezed through the sea of black, white, and grey cars. Got home and immediately called my SA to change the order from Chalk to Carmine Red 😅

Last edited: