Carmine Red Taycan GTS - what colour interior?

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Good afternoon. Ordering a GTS in Carmine Red. I don' like the racetex seats and so will be choosing a leather interior. What colour would you recommend?

Thanks
Sponsored

SCD

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911S Cabriolet, Cayenne
Country flag
Leather interior in Black/Chalk.

Reactions: B61

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Good afternoon. Ordering a GTS in Carmine Red. I don' like the racetex seats and so will be choosing a leather interior. What colour would you recommend?

Thanks
Get over your phobia and get the GTS Racetex interior in Carmine Red!
🤪

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag

Thanks
I was once like you.

Then I came to my senses.

It's a GTS. That means the GTS Race-Tex interior.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Thanks
Black (assuming you have the panoramic roof).

Std GTS interior is actuality quite the thing but if Racetex not your thing then extended leather it is.

Crayon / black might work but I'd seriously consider not getting Carmine Red in the first place (I have the same dilemma for my GTS ST) as I find it disappointing in real life and not worth the price premium.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
+1
(not a carmin red fan at all. If red, i’d go with cherry red….but even before cherry, there are at least five or six other colours…)

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
With Carmine red, I’d go with a black leather interior, but add in some red accents (seatbelts, clock face, stitching of you have budget). Keeps it in-line with the GTS theme.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Black (assuming you have the panoramic roof).

Std GTS interior is actuality quite the thing but if Racetex not your thing then extended leather it is.

Crayon / black might work but I'd seriously consider not getting Carmine Red in the first place (I have the same dilemma for my GTS ST) as I find it disappointing in real life and not worth the price premium.
Totally agree.

I was always set on CR from day, but... Did a total 180 last week.

Was at the PEC and saw multiple CR cars, from Taycan's to Macan's.

What I saw in pictures and videos just doesn't replicate IRL. It was sunny with clouds and strangely, CR just seems muted/dull. It does not pop as you would expect of a deep red even in medium light.

In bright light it looks great, but even then, park it up under shade and it goes back to looking like a "dirty" dulled red.

I'm now in a dilemma as I don't like any Taycan colour other than PTS for the ST body shape. I don't mind paying for PTS, but I do mind another 6+ month wait unless I luck out with an earlier PTS build slot, which is also possible.

I really like Grigio Telesto or Bronze Gold Metallic. Basically something a bit different, with wide dynamic range.

Friend who joined me at the PEC agreed about CR. Didn't like it and was far more keen on silvers/greys. I now worry if I did go CR, I would always have a hanging sense of disappointment with how it looks in dull British sunlight.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Totally agree.

I was always set on CR from day, but... Did a total 180 last week.

Was at the PEC and saw multiple CR cars, from Taycan's to Macan's.

What I saw in pictures and videos just doesn't replicate IRL. It was sunny with clouds and strangely, CR just seems muted/dull. It does not pop as you would expect of a deep red even in medium light.

In bright light it looks great, but even then, park it up under shade and it goes back to looking like a "dirty" dulled red.

I'm now in a dilemma as I don't like any Taycan colour other than PTS for the ST body shape. I don't mind paying for PTS, but I do mind another 6+ month wait unless I luck out with an earlier PTS build slot, which is also possible.

I really like Grigio Telesto or Bronze Gold Metallic. Basically something a bit different, with wide dynamic range.

Friend who joined me at the PEC agreed about CR. Didn't like it and was far more keen on silvers/greys. I now worry if I did go CR, I would always have a hanging sense of disappointment with how it looks in dull British sunlight.
Original GTS colour (904 GTS) was Signal Red so don't be fooled by the modern marketing.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Original GTS colour (904 GTS) was Signal Red so don't be fooled by the modern marketing.
Agree and that is just it: marketing.

All the recent press shots of the Taycan are in CR... under 5k studio lights. Any colour would look incredible in those condition. IRL it's very different.

But then that is also another thing that's now putting me off CR. If I go with that colour, plus the other GTS exclusive options, I basically have a "stock" GTS that is the same as in all the marketing materials.

That doesn't seem particularly unique or interesting at that point.

I'm going to explore PTS options with my dealer. First Porsche, my first (owned) car and I want it to be special, unique and bespoke.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag

Thanks
Easy. Bordeaux. Satan would be proud. And on a cloudy dull England day. See the ☁ in the reflection
Porsche Taycan Carmine Red Taycan GTS - what colour interior? IMG_20220822_162936

Porsche Taycan Carmine Red Taycan GTS - what colour interior? IMG_20220827_144835

Porsche Taycan Carmine Red Taycan GTS - what colour interior? IMG_20220827_144903

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
PTS / PTS+ your heart out and enjoy!
There's a marked lack of reds already approved. Who's going to be the sucker leader that puts up to get Guards Red added to the list (do Porsche really need a feasibility study for a colour that's currently a "free" choice on a different model)?
Sponsored