Hevonen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a MY22 CT4 and connect wirelessly(iPhone 12 with IOS 15) and its not perfect. In general it connects with 15 seconds but every once in a while it does not connect up properly. I can usually play with it a little bit and it connects. It certainly doesn't make me rethink my decision to purchase the car.
This summarizes my experience well. I would like it to work a little bit better than it does, but overall it works well for me.
Sponsored

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Wireless CarPlay is flawless on my MY22, connects in seconds. CarPlay is now full screen versus 2/3rd of screen on MY21 as far as I remember it
Hope so my Taycan Turbo arrives in March o
Carplay is hit and miss, but to go back to a Tesla because of this and other tech shortcomings is laughable. Like divorcing your wife because she can’t work the TV remote and marrying a fat ugly spotty woman who’s pants fall down all the time just because she can……..
??? maybe but when she runs out of mileage early in the day and doesn’t communicate. The fat ugly woman who’s pants fall down maybe the best option. Seriously Porsche need to get it sorted as it’s simply crap

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I have a MY22 CT4 and connect wirelessly(iPhone 12 with IOS 15) and its not perfect. In general it connects within 15 seconds but every once in a while it does not connect up properly.
I also have had issues with bluetooth connecting to my iPhone 12. Sometimes my phone is listed, sometimes I need to re-scan for bluetooth devices. I have not figured out (yet) the magic to make the connection happen reliably.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Same for me
Since I made this post I’ve started having connection issues at startup. I also have had where Car Play seems to not load properly and the screen is just black. Sometimes it connects and starts playing Spotify perfectly within seconds.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve read some stories about it taking a long time to connect to Apple CarPlay when you turn the car on, connectivity issues in general (not connecting at all), and everything in between. Does anyone with a MY22 not have these problems, or does it still happen all the time? I love that the car has CarPlay support, but if it takes a couple minutes to connect (or not connect at all) it would drive me crazy. I currently have a Tesla and have gotten used to immediate access to music and maps all the time, so it’s making me rethink my GTS order before it freezes.
Ultimately, practically everything in the PCM is dependent upon how good the cellular coverage in your area is. In my case, where we live, there is no cellular coverage from any carrier, it's a total black hole despite the BS coverage maps.

I'll hop in my car and drive about 2 miles before Apple Music kicks in. Carplay works, but only if the content is already downloaded onto my iPhone.
Sponsored