First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Idle hands and all that...

As I wait patiently to see how many allocations my dealer is graced with later this year, I keep looking at the Approved Used site to see what gives...

A few cars catch my eye occasionally for various reasons. And it looks to me like prices are starting to drop a little...

A blue 4S CT started at £115k or a touch over. And has dropped a couple of times, now at £113k. It's a year old and done 10k miles. But it has a really good spec. Been used as family transport by the look of it, which may be putting people off. But think it's under current list now.

There's also a red GTS ST that was priced somewhat optimistically (I thought) at just shy of £151k. Sure enough, that's now down to just shy of £147k.

A frozen berry GTS ST has joined it on the list at £146k. Interesting colour that won't be for everyone!

Now these two are still way over list as far as I can tell. But will be interesting to see what happens with the prices of them as time moves on, and at what point some impatient devil jumps :) (Not me btw. I'm not paying overs on a saloon car).

Anyone else noticing similar? (Or is it just me watching :)).
Sponsored

smartymarti

First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s cross turismo
Country flag
I have a ct4s with 4400 miles mega spec circa 23k listed 115 when I got it on a late 71 , just been offered from a very good garage in Harrogate 120, I have a turbo coming march ct and there desperate to buy that which won’t be for sale , I think the ones hanging around are either crap colour combos and or poor specs, that’s just my thoughts

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'm guessing that some of the most optimistically priced cars are demonstrators that are still being used as such so not in any hurry to get sold, but if someone is prepared to pay silly money then they might let them go. Though admittedly that theory doesn't square with cars with asking prices that have dropped a few £k. Incidentally, the most impressive example I spotted is a 4S CT with 3700 miles (reg July'22) at £155k. At Solihull- I've noticed their name against some eye-watering prices over the last year.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

As I wait patiently to see how many allocations my dealer is graced with later this year, I keep looking at the Approved Used site to see what gives...

A few cars catch my eye occasionally for various reasons. And it looks to me like prices are starting to drop a little...

A blue 4S CT started at £115k or a touch over. And has dropped a couple of times, now at £113k. It's a year old and done 10k miles. But it has a really good spec. Been used as family transport by the look of it, which may be putting people off. But think it's under current list now.

There's also a red GTS ST that was priced somewhat optimistically (I thought) at just shy of £151k. Sure enough, that's now down to just shy of £147k.

A frozen berry GTS ST has joined it on the list at £146k. Interesting colour that won't be for everyone!

Now these two are still way over list as far as I can tell. But will be interesting to see what happens with the prices of them as time moves on, and at what point some impatient devil jumps :) (Not me btw. I'm not paying overs on a saloon car).

Remember that some of these cars (and I think the GTS ST, if Cherry Red) was / is a demonstrator put on the road a few months back. On the Porsche Approved website it should state this and that it won't actually be available for sale until around now. The price will have been listed price and zero mile. Dealers do this all the time - advertise a demonstrator and use it for 3 - 6 months before actually available to purchase.

OP
OP
Murph7355

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
The two GTS STs are definitely demonstrators. They're definitely not list price ;)

At the beginning of the year (around Feb when I placed my order) cars weren't listed for very long at all before they were gone. Even though they were over list (without exception).

That position has very much softened - perhaps not unsurprisingly. We're not talking massive %ages off right now, but it's movement.

WvT - have seen the 155k 4S CT. It's still up there. It does have a lot of options on it (haven't priced them up - not been quite that bored yet :)). Solihull are definitely interesting on pricing.

The pink GTS ST has been taken down this morning, which is interesting. The Carmine car had dropped to within 1k (at least sticker price), and I'd have thought that a much easier sell. Then again, you only need that one person who wants a pink car and nothing else :)

All just shooting the breeze right now. If I had a car and was being offered overs on it, I'd take it in the current climate. (And if Silverstone are listening, are keen to offload their blue car and wouldn't be insulted by a cheeky bid, give me a buzz :)).

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Then again, you only need that one person who wants a pink car
Quite.
I like the Frozen Berry and not monochrome non-colours which is what most on offer are.
I just started reading the thread and had decided to look up the Frozen Berry GTS and was disappointed it had been taken down.

The majority of used Taycans on sale I have seen so far I reject at the first photo, if I like the colour I look at the interior. If it is black i reject that too.

The only used one which i looked at was in Swindon, Mamba and Truffle, but it had other things I didn’t want and lacked things I did so no good :)

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Used car prices - even for brands like Porsche - are not sustainable in the current climate.

The summer was the socioeconomic eye-of-the-storm and now here we with things kicking off again. That has lulled consumers and businesses into a false sense of security, which is one factor behind rampant inflation.

With recession, inflation, potential job losses, and a global economic meltdown, charging a premium on used cars will be looked back on as a peculiar moment in history.

I hazard guess by end of next year, Porsche will be offering discounts on new cars or at least on some models. I am still factoring in £10k depreciation a year on my GTS ST when it arrives.

Also with all of the above going on, 2023/4 will see even more announcements from competing marques about forthcoming EVs. That too will put pressure on Porsche sales, which is why I am anticipating discounts to be offered.

I've said it before, if Mercedes, Audi, and even challenger brands had any equivalent EV on the market, most of us would probably not be buying a Taycan.

The only reason we are is because there is literally no choice. Porsche were first to market in that segment.

Now look forward another 12-24 months to new and used prices and I think it is quite predictable.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Used car prices - even for brands like Porsche - are not sustainable in the current climate.

The summer was the socioeconomic eye-of-the-storm and now here we with things kicking off again. That has lulled consumers and businesses into a false sense of security, which is one factor behind rampant inflation.

With recession, inflation, potential job losses, and a global economic meltdown, charging a premium on used cars will be looked back on as a peculiar moment in history.

I hazard guess by end of next year, Porsche will be offering discounts on new cars or at least on some models. I am still factoring in £10k depreciation a year on my GTS ST when it arrives.

Also with all of the above going on, 2023/4 will see even more announcements from competing marques about forthcoming EVs. That too will put pressure on Porsche sales, which is why I am anticipating discounts to be offered.

I've said it before, if Mercedes, Audi, and even challenger brands had any equivalent EV on the market, most of us would probably not be buying a Taycan.

The only reason we are is because there is literally no choice. Porsche were first to market in that segment.

Now look forward another 12-24 months to new and used prices and I think it is quite predictable.
Audi make the eTron GT (Taycan sibling) - not many of us are queuing up for that. I think I've seen 3 in total since launch.

£10K / annum is a sensible depreciation figure to factor in.

Porsche as a rule don't "discount" and only if they have metal in the showroom / end of line model in my experience.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I like the Frozen Berry and not monochrome non-colours which is what most on offer are.
I just started reading the thread and had decided to look up the Frozen Berry GTS and was disappointed it had been taken down.
The lovely-looking Frozen Berry GTS Saloon I posted in March was a showroom car at my local dealership, it had gone by my return early June to take delivery of my own.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag

I think that is the case for the majority of demand from businesspersons taking advantage of government subsidy. I don't think that Porsche's plans involve ramping up to meet that demand, even if it weren't a passing phase for reasons you describe. I suppose they think they have enough customers who want a Porsche because it is a Porsche. (Incidentally, I don't fall in to either camp- I'm a fickle floating voter who found the Taycan the best match for my current frivolous requirements:)).

matchboy1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

I’ve clocked those GTS’s as well; I think there’s another gone on the market today (a black one) - I think it’s £150k odd, which is well over list and it has been a demonstrator by the look of it. Who in their right mind would pay over list, what a complete waste of money!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I’ve clocked those GTS’s as well; I think there’s another gone on the market today (a black one) - I think it’s £150k odd, which is well over list and it has been a demonstrator by the look of it. Who in their right mind would pay over list, what a complete waste of money!
Priced to keep people away. Once it's actually available sensible pricing should prevail.

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
Prices are softening now on most high end tackle, but I think Taycans will probably hold up better than most. I still think paying overs is mad though, the reality is that a Taycan of any flavour is a daily car, but each to their own.
Sponsored