Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Morning from a sunny UK (weather rather than the mood!),

So my wife wants to trade in her 2016 Macan GTS and is undecided about another Macan or get back into a Cayenne. She loves the smaller feel (and noise!) of the Macan but now I've ditched my ICE 4x$ we may have to consider something larger for the odd occasion it is needed. Is the current Macan much different in practice to hers from an everyday perspective (test drive never gives you that) versus the latest Cayenne? Coupe would be perfect but is out of budget for cash purchase.

Likely to keep next car for 3-4 years again so by then I imagine a plethora of EV options but for now.... (don't hate me/us!)
Sponsored

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
She loves the smaller feel (and noise!) of the Macan but now I've ditched my ICE 4x$ we may have to consider something larger for the odd occasion it is needed. Is the current Macan much different in practice to hers from an everyday perspective (test drive never gives you that) versus the latest Cayenne?
Good questions and I don’t have real world experience with either of those models. My only advice here is that you should get her what she wants and worry about the odd occasion when you need to. Buying for WHAT IF is the same as holding on to everything because WHAT IF...give away the stuff you don’t use, don’t buy what you don’t need, plan for options for the what if (can you attach a hitch? Can you rent a truck?)...of course if WHAT IF ends up rather frequent then it isn’t WHAT IF at all, it IS and thus you know your answer.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Morning from a sunny UK (weather rather than the mood!),

So my wife wants to trade in her 2016 Macan GTS and is undecided about another Macan or get back into a Cayenne. She loves the smaller feel (and noise!) of the Macan but now I've ditched my ICE 4x$ we may have to consider something larger for the odd occasion it is needed. Is the current Macan much different in practice to hers from an everyday perspective (test drive never gives you that) versus the latest Cayenne? Coupe would be perfect but is out of budget for cash purchase.

Likely to keep next car for 3-4 years again so by then I imagine a plethora of EV options but for now.... (don't hate me/us!)
Cayenne is a boat compared to a Macan GTS. Much less fun to drive. If you only need to haul bigger stuff occasionally, just get a roof rack or if it's something like bicycles, get the tow hitch to use with a bike rack.

But the correct answer is get whichever one she wants.