First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I had forgotten about it too.

But tomorrow I will have a go at drawing a knob left handed.

Could well be shortlisted for a Turner Prize.
Sponsored

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I had forgotten about it too.

But tomorrow I will have a go at drawing a knob left handed.

Could well be shortlisted for a Turner Prize.
Just to tack on...the voice recognition has been terrible terrible terrible. It never gets directions correct and typically times out before it gives an answer. And this is AFTER the PCM uPdate!

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes never used though it stores finger prints really well. Thinking that they remove it, move the cup holders forward a bit, then move the little storage bin forward which is a pain to access. Two problems fixed.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
On the handwriting panel, how do you add a space or delete a character? I don't mind it, but if I can't type a space, it's useless for addresses.

Speaking of the frunk, I used it the very first day of owning the car to carry 3 watermelons, it was well suited for that purpose. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: B61

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I’d love it if I could draw symbols that were assigned to vehicle functions. That would be a great feature IMO.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
I'm left-handed in the US and I still use it. It's a lot better at block letters than at handwriting, and block letters I can do with a finger on my right hand even if I don't write with it.

You can stack letters (even with individually touched lines) to write whole words at a time. No need to wait for every single letter to be registered. I can enter whole words in seconds at this point, it's quite nice.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Writing on the touchpad isn't feasible for me because my drinking cup is in the way. And if I put my drinking cup in the other holder my elbow will bang on it constantly.
Kudos to those of y'all who can use it. :like:
Porsche Taycan Center console handwriting panel 1660078611388

Zhuzhu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Ice Grey
Country flag
Could you specify what routine functions you are accessing via the trackpad? I genuinely want to find a useful purpose for this function.
Essentially I use it to navigate the center screen like you would use a trackpad on a MacbookPro. It “steps” through the icons and menu items in the various settings functions, and allows for scrolling as well. I turned OFF the haptic feeback, which was driving me crazy and set the Touch tone setting to LOW. Once you become familiar with how it works I find it fairly reliable and easier to access comfortably while driving, or even parked, with a couple of caveats:

1. It won’t navigate the Carplay interface itself, but the buttons aligned vertically on the left hand side of the display such as navigation, phone etc. are still accessible. CarPlay functionality with the trackpad is on my wishlist.

2. As a previous poster mentioned, if there Is a mug in the drink holder, access becomes too awkward, which could be a constant nuisance for some.

3. I don’t use the handwriting/symbol recognition- too tedious for my awful printing skills.

Also, a couple of days after I took delivery of the vehicle I had to reboot the PCM once as the trackpad stopped working properly, but it’s been great since then.

Hope this helps

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
The Frunk is my To Go pick up spot. Fits the to go food great and will not slide around like in the trunk and no smell or spill potential in the cabin.
That's brilliant. Perfect for take out.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Writing on the touchpad isn't feasible for me because my drinking cup is in the way. And if I put my drinking cup in the other holder my elbow will bang on it constantly.
Kudos to those of y'all who can use it. :like:
1660078611388.png
313mi nice flex 🙂

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
I was educated in primary school by Catholic nun's back in the late 50's, early 60's. I am left handed. In those days, the nuns believed that there was no such thing as a natural left handed brain. They tried to convert me to a right hander - it didn't work! What they did accomplish was that I became ambidextrous. I found it very helpful in mastering the center console and nav/com screens while flying an airplane. The track pad is no issue for me and I use it routinely.
Left handed folks use their right hand far more than right handed folks use their left hand - scissors, car doors, entry doors, center consoles and many other routine daily tasks. We have been discriminated against for centuries. Where are all the "woke" folks defending us?!

• Haha
Reactions: B61

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
It's in the frunk category for me. ....."Oh yeah, I forgot it had that"
I use the frunk more than the truck.
Sponsored