Jvierra

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone feel that the center console gets uncomfortably hot during normal driving? Not only does it become hot to touch but also heated up my phone when left in the charger for 2 hours.
Sponsored

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I haven’t seen that. Does it get hot when you’re not charging your phone?

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
When I drove Taycan at PCE for 1.5hrs, I placed the phone in wrong direction inside the charger/holder (silly me !!). It did get pretty hot. Not sure if it would be the same if placed correctly.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Does anyone feel that the center console gets uncomfortably hot during normal driving? Not only does it become hot to touch but also heated up my phone when left in the charger for 2 hours.
I haven't checked the console but my iPhone 12 Pro Max gets VERY warm when wirelessly charging.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you have a case, the case thickness will cause this (more thickness = more heat). However, hot to the touch is a problem at any case thickness - something isn't right. I would try to narrow it down to the wireless charging (does it get hot if you aren't charging), a USB-c plug (does it get hot if whatever is plugged into USB-c is unplugged) or something else?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you have a case, the case thickness will cause this (more thickness = more heat). However, hot to the touch is a problem at any case thickness - something isn't right. I would try to narrow it down to the wireless charging (does it get hot if you aren't charging), a USB-c plug (does it get hot if whatever is plugged into USB-c is unplugged) or something else?
In my case i have a very thin case that I use for wireless charging elsewhere. It may be that without gravity the phone is not as close to The coil even with the retention clip.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
In my case i have a very thin case that I use for wireless charging elsewhere. It may be that without gravity the phone is not as close to The coil even with the retention clip.
Probably not the cause if it's a thin case (unless it's metal). I have the Apple super-thin case and the phone gets warm at best while charging (iPhone 8+). I've never even noticed the console itself getting warm.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Probably not the cause if it's a thin case (unless it's metal). I have the Apple super-thin case and the phone gets warm at best while charging (iPhone 8+). I've never even noticed the console itself getting warm.
The 12 pro is capable of higher rate charging, and it has slightly different design/structure. This is a very think hard plastic case designed for charging. I can use the magnetic and normal charging with the case.

OP
OP
Jvierra

Jvierra

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I haven’t seen that. Does it get hot when you’re not charging your phone?
The center console between seats gets warm after a few minutes regardless of phone charging

Last edited:

ebdreyer

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, audi, lexus
Country flag
The center console between seats gets warm after a few minutes regardless of phone charging
I find it gets quite warm, hot enough to actually shut off my non-charging iphone.
Sponsored