Central display reminds me about Nokia N97

Whistler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Taycan
Country flag
Got my 4S recently and while otherwise like the car, must say that am really surprised how bad the central ("main") display is, in particular if one compares to Cayenne. The haptic feedback and graph quality on different level in 2018 Cayenne although it's 2yrs+ older model.. also if one sets the satnav to satellite image mode, the map is almost unreadable vs Cayenne which is flawless... the overall feel reminds me about the flopped Nokia N97 some 10+yrs ago!

Anyone else experiencing the same?
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nope. The screen in my 4S is fantastic. It's different than the 2017-20 system, and not necessarily better, but I think it looks sharper.

OP
OP

Whistler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Taycan
Country flag
Looks like you got a bad screen.
Mine is fantastic!
i also had a loaner before mine arrived and noticed the same thing. Probably the screen/system feels fine if one does not have direct comparison, but Cayenne version is so much smoother and better graph. The map also has more colors in cayenne than taycan. Does not make sense to me.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Probably need to take a picture and post to be sure that everyone is talking about the same thing.

OP
OP

Whistler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Taycan
Country flag
Probably need to take a picture and post to be sure that everyone is talking about the same thing.
Anyone who has driven the new cayenne or 992 can see the difference. Attached some dummy web pics from taycan and 992 - yes, they're not from the same location and different zoom level but one is able to see the diff in colors and graphics quality. Not to mention the satellite view which is bad in taycan compared to 992/cayenne - probably different map data.

Just saw that the general flaws in the user interface (lousy haptic feedback compared to 992/cayenne, software bugs etc) has been discussed here in other threads so seems that I'm not the only one struggling with these things.

Porsche Taycan Central display reminds me about Nokia N97 12

Porsche Taycan Central display reminds me about Nokia N97 13