Ceramic window film instead of thermally insulated glass option

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Ceramic window film instead of thermally insulated glass option Screenshot_20210824-183757

Does this make more sense than the thermally insulated glass option if my only concern is heat/IR and not noise insulation?

Does something like this void warranty in any way?

Wondering if I should take out the thermal glass option before freeze date because of cell phone reception issues.
Sponsored

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does this make more sense than the thermally insulated glass option if my only concern is heat/IR and not noise insulation?

Does something like this void warranty in any way?

Wondering if I should take out the thermal glass option before freeze date because of cell phone reception issues.
I have the sound/thermal insulated glass option and it does not appear to have any impact on cell or GPS reception. Note that the insulated glass also makes the Taycan interior noticeably quieter. The insulated glass is great (currently enjoying Florida summer weather), but I'm stepping it up a notch by adding STEK NEXseries heat rejection film that is 85% transparent so I keep a light interior but with even less heat. https://www.stek-usa.com/nex-series.

OP
OP
GG77

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
I have the sound/thermal insulated glass option and it does not appear to have any impact on cell or GPS reception. Note that the insulated glass also makes the Taycan interior noticeably quieter. The insulated glass is great (currently enjoying Florida summer weather), but I'm stepping it up a notch by adding STEK NEXseries heat rejection film that is 85% transparent so I keep a light interior but with even less heat. https://www.stek-usa.com/nex-series.
Thanks. Would something like the Steak or body PPF/Ceramic coating have any impact on Porsche warranty?

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Hi, did you get this done ? do you like it ?

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi, did you get this done ? do you like it ?
I got the Taycan back from the installers this week with the STEK heat rejection film. Unfortunately this week the weather here turned on a dime from summer to fall and I can't measure the heat rejection properties of the film! What I can say is no apparent visibility change with this lowest tint (85% clear) film.

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If your only concern is heat/IR, I would opt for 3M Crystalline. In my experience, it rejects heat significantly better than ceramic tint.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Thermally insulated glass is standard. I did not order the upgraded thermal & noise insulated option. I have Autobahn i3 ceramic window tint all windows including windshield. The film in conjunction with insulated glass makes a big impact especially in hot climates.

I live in hot humid S. Florida and they cabin stays very cool with the A/C never working overtime and I never feel hot in the cabin.
Sponsored