Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown Interior Owners - help!

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My first post here, hopefully I’m posting in the right place! I am a week away from my freeze date and can’t decide for the life of me between Chalk/black (US) leather interior and Truffle Brown Olea leather. My exterior is Carrera white metallic with Mission E wheels painted to match.

If I go Chalk/Black I’m doing neodyme accents but I hate how much plastic there is in the car, including the back of the seats which I can’t change. So I might have to pay for added leather inside. Biggest deterrent is for some reason the black on chalk rear seats really bothers me - why couldn’t it just be all chalk?

The problem with the Truffle is that every video and pic I see looks different, and I’ve never seen it in person (except the tiny swatch at the dealership which tells me nothing). I love how much leather Olea adds to the car and I love brown (my preference would be Cohiba but sadly not an option on the Taycan) but I’m afraid it might look too old fashioned. Most people I ask say based on the pics it looks “old man”….

I know it’s a matter of preference but would love to hear from and see pics of Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown owners! I’ve seen whatever is on google but I’d love to hear from those who own them.
Sponsored

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Maybe consider the Atacama beige two tone option?

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
Maybe consider the Atacama beige two tone option?
I have chalk interior. I really like the two tone color options the best. My favorite is the atacama beige two tone also I wish I had gotten that. I liked truffle brown but it was a lot of brown and feel the two tone colors are better. The atacama comes with the gold accents.

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have chalk interior. I really like the two tone color options the best. My favorite is the atacama beige two tone also I wish I had gotten that. I liked truffle brown but it was a lot of brown and feel the two tone colors are better. The atacama comes with the gold accents.
I did consider Atacama but it has the same issue as the chalk - for me, the two tone rear seats I don’t like. I love the two tone in the front with the dashboard, but not the back. I fell in love with chalk, just wish there was less black more chalk. I agree truffle is a lot of brown…did you add any leather extras to your chalk interior?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I like the truffle and the black/ beige (don't know what it is called in the USA configurator) which has less black and includes pale front seat backs which is a big improvement for rear seat passengers IMO.
I feel that in general all the other 2-tone interiors have too much black and not enough colour.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I like chalk leather (in the UK, it is named "crayon"), however, it might look odd where you have a white exterior.

Contrast always works better and I should imagine will help with second hand values as well.

Obviously personal preference, but Bordeaux leather would look really nice.

Not keen on the truffle brown. As you say, it's a bit "old fashioned". Meranti brown might be a better compromise where it's lighter and there is more contrast. Also still contrasts with the exterior colour.

Reactions: B61

Tdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Another vote for the meranti brown - as i have it ;-) if you want the extra leather i would say go for it.
I combined it with the neodyme accents and racetec steer, b colomn & ceiling

Porsche Taycan Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown Interior Owners - help! C0A59AC4-A72E-431E-9118-4C3FD157EF11

Porsche Taycan Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown Interior Owners - help! 3158248C-2A7D-4396-A2F2-6A9C29D5FAB4

Porsche Taycan Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown Interior Owners - help! 5D868CE8-C897-449D-82E3-D5A5F0D60DB8

Porsche Taycan Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown Interior Owners - help! 91F9566B-01BE-44FC-8D59-52BB97E06B25

Porsche Taycan Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown Interior Owners - help! ABC58704-FBA8-43BD-AC1B-D962B9BBBAAB

Gl with your choise and drive safe

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Another vote for the meranti brown - as i have it ;-) if you want the extra leather i would say go for it.

C0A59AC4-A72E-431E-9118-4C3FD157EF11.jpeg

3158248C-2A7D-4396-A2F2-6A9C29D5FAB4.jpeg

5D868CE8-C897-449D-82E3-D5A5F0D60DB8.jpeg

91F9566B-01BE-44FC-8D59-52BB97E06B25.jpeg

ABC58704-FBA8-43BD-AC1B-D962B9BBBAAB.jpeg

classy.

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

C0A59AC4-A72E-431E-9118-4C3FD157EF11.jpeg

3158248C-2A7D-4396-A2F2-6A9C29D5FAB4.jpeg

5D868CE8-C897-449D-82E3-D5A5F0D60DB8.jpeg

91F9566B-01BE-44FC-8D59-52BB97E06B25.jpeg

ABC58704-FBA8-43BD-AC1B-D962B9BBBAAB.jpeg

Very nice!! It looks totally different than the configurator! How do you change the ceiling material, which option is that?

Tdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Very nice!! It looks totally different than the configurator! How do you change the ceiling material, which option is that?
Thank you, and yes i does look completely different than the configurator. I ask my dealership to call me up when they got a car in with this leather to confirm my choise before locking the build.
Not alot are configured like this wich make it an added bonus for me

all ‘race tex’ options you can find under individual options then interior race tex - you can add more than i did.. just my budget didnt like some options.

Porsche Taycan Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown Interior Owners - help! 57A36CD7-473B-4F57-97F8-656080864684

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Only thing with Meranti brown is it CAN look very different on a small swatch vs decking out an entire interior.

While I am going GTS exclusive, I was mulling leather options initially - between Chalk ("Crayon") and Meranti brown.

Photos below where in various light, Meranti brown can look a dull grey.

Meanwhile, @Tdc vehicle above, it looks stunning.

Top = Meranti brown // Bottom = Chalk Beige
Porsche Taycan Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown Interior Owners - help! DSC_0151.JPG

L = Chalk Beige // R = Meranti brown
Porsche Taycan Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown Interior Owners - help! DSC_0152.JPG

L = Chalk Beige // M = Meranti brown // R = Chalk
Porsche Taycan Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown Interior Owners - help! DSC_0158.JPG

T = Meranti Brown // R = Chalk // B = Atacama Beige // L = Chalk Beige
Porsche Taycan Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown Interior Owners - help! DSC_0163.JPG

As above, different angle
Porsche Taycan Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown Interior Owners - help! DSC_0164.JPG

Porsche Taycan Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown Interior Owners - help! DSC_0168.JPG

Porsche Taycan Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown Interior Owners - help! DSC_0171.JPG

T = Chalk Beige // B = Meranti Brown
Porsche Taycan Chalk/Black and Truffle Brown Interior Owners - help! DSC_0150.JPG