Chalk is going away for MY23 Cayenne starting Oct 2022. Will it also be discontinued for Taycan?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Chalk really looks great on the Cross Turismo with the black plastic fenders and black wheels. I’ll be selling mine once my custom Mamba CT4 gets delivered in September but I really like the Chalk more than I thought I would.
Sponsored

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I placed my order in April but have not received a build date yet. Does this mean I could potentially not get chalk without paying the PTS price? I surely hope they will honour orders that were already placed.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I placed my order in April but have not received a build date yet. Does this mean I could potentially not get chalk without paying the PTS price? I surely hope they will honour orders that were already placed.
Yes and perhaps- see post #9.

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
It's odd indeed. But I like the fact that in that way we gone have a more expensive color (because it comes in color by sample). And we are gone have a more exclusive color.

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
Thats for women :p

• Haha
Reactions: B61

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Crayon is unique to Porsche and they probably felt the colour choice was being done to death, making it less special.

Kind of like Nardo Grey, a genius move by Audi's marketing team where a tedious grey colour sounds so much more "special" with a stupid and meaningless word in front of the colour... Then everyone chooses it owing to it's legendary (thank the marketing team) status, and it loses all its appeal.

Porsche likely saw this happening with the equally curiously named Crayon, so PTS forces it back into "special" territory again, not least as so few Porsche buyers will be selecting it at £7k. Plus at that price, you have 50+ colours to choose from, so even less likely Crayon will be selected.

I do like Crayon and think it looks great, especially on the CT and saloon. I would not spend £7k on it.

On the flip side, this removal of Crayon suggests there are a number of new colours coming for the Taycan.