Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Saw this parked today , didn’t realize this was chalk as it has a blue hue to it. Fantastic color, but chalk looks very different on macan….?? Almost making me rethink my decision on metallic white although I saw one today drive by for first time too and it looked beautiful …there’s a few around Chicago(visiting here for few days). All these colors look so much different in person …
Porsche Taycan Chalk on Taycan , WOW 1D49DEE3-D3AE-4283-A2E9-DE51D2B62AEB
Sponsored

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Saw this parked today , didn’t realize this was chalk as it has a blue hue to it. Fantastic color, but chalk looks very different on macan….?? Almost making me rethink my decision on metallic white although I saw one today drive by for first time too and it looked beautiful …there’s a few around Chicago(visiting here for few days). All these colors look so much different in person …
1D49DEE3-D3AE-4283-A2E9-DE51D2B62AEB.jpeg
Looks like ice grey to me

DennisVR

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 997s
Country flag
Difference between chalk and ice grey is difficult to see on some pictures. Since you noticed a blue hue i would have guessed ice grey, but since the owner said chalk... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some black parts where painted, not a fan of that personally.

Reactions: B61

Fcmbr

First Name
Florian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, 718 GT4
Country flag
Hmmm.. this really is difficult to see in pictures. Chalk is especially hard to capture well. Buti would also think that that car is ice grey metallic.

FWIW, this is my Taycan ST, which i am sure is chalk:

Porsche Taycan Chalk on Taycan , WOW 097CC7BD-8C68-4CDA-AFA5-4B173986902B

OP
OP
Redhot2474

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I was so confused by his response to be honest. I would have said metallic white before chalk …looks to bluish, the way it presents in this pic is identical to way it presents in person

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I was so confused by his response to be honest. I would have said metallic white before chalk …looks to bluish, the way it presents in this pic is identical to way it presents in person
It’s really hard to say…if we take license plate as a reference for white…i’d say ice grey.
Otoh, owner should know better, right?

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Looks like ice grey to me too. So either the image's white balance/color temp is way off, or it's also possible that the owner incorrectly assumed or was misinformed about it being chalk. I once owned an Audi that for a few years even told everyone was "Ibis white" when only after it came time to sell it that I discovered from the monroney sticker I dug up that it was actually "glacier white" lol.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My neighbour has a crayon CT4S. The first time I saw it was in similar lighting to the photo and I would have sworn ice grey - next day it was definitely crayon.

OP
OP
Redhot2474

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Difference between chalk and ice grey is difficult to see on some pictures. Since you noticed a blue hue i would have guessed ice grey, but since the owner said chalk... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some black parts where painted, not a fan of that personally.
That’s exactly what he said “black parts painted “

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Saw this parked today , didn’t realize this was chalk as it has a blue hue to it.
This is actually specifically why I switched from chalk to IGS - the bluish hue. I have to agree with the other people here!

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've seen about a thousand pictures of Chalk Porsches and dozens in person, and they've never looked like the one in that picture. Looks like Ice Grey to me as well. That picture looks clearly like there is some metallic in the paint, which there is not with Chalk.

OP
OP
Redhot2474

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I've seen about a thousand pictures of Chalk Porsches and dozens in person, and they've never looked like the one in that picture. Looks like Ice Grey to me as well. That picture looks clearly like there is some metallic in the paint, which there is not with Chalk.
I agree, there was what I thought a chalk macan next Street over and they looked different to me - older guy who owned wasn’t really interested in chatting , maybe he bought it used And was under the impression it was chalk …def doesn’t look like chalk to me, just made me more confused as I’ve been obsessing about choosing the correct color for me before my freeze date on about a week or so…
Sponsored