HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
They are ok (for the winter) but the others are more elegant. I personally don't like the spiders. I don't like those big shovels.
Sponsored

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Well, our similar tastes were fun while they lasted.

• Haha
Reactions: B61

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
That’s exactly what he said “black parts painted “
My guess is painted black parts are creating an illusion making it look less like chalk. I agree it looks little different but it also does not exactly look like ice grey (which is way lighter than this IMO) Matt black parts create a cool contrast with chalk IMO. Painting it all likely made this vehicle look "shiner" - and I don't like it.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I guess the owner should know and so no reason to doubt.
You'd be surprised how un/misinformed owners of cars can be, particularly if they were not the ones who created their own build sheet. Buyer finds a car on the lot, the salesperson said "I think this is chalk, do you like it?" and the buyer drives off thinking they bought a chalk car.

Last edited:

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Saw this parked today , didn’t realize this was chalk as it has a blue hue to it. Fantastic color, but chalk looks very different on macan….?? Almost making me rethink my decision on metallic white although I saw one today drive by for first time too and it looked beautiful …there’s a few around Chicago(visiting here for few days). All these colors look so much different in person …
1D49DEE3-D3AE-4283-A2E9-DE51D2B62AEB.jpeg
no way that is chalk. I wouldn't be surprised if that is what the SA told him it was. The salespeople seem quite misinformed about this car on multiple levels.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Can't say I care much for the painted parts and I'm also in the Ice grey camp, looks like mine below.
Porsche Taycan Chalk on Taycan , WOW 1664024889239

Reactions: B61

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
You'd be surprised how un/misinformed owners of cars can be, particularly if they were not the ones who created their own build sheet.
This is very true of many things.
Internet forums are full of the passionate anoraks for any given subject.

The same is true with watches. Most people who own them arent any way near as fussed as forum members.

I have an interest in soul based music and at times I need to go on rare soul music forums to find details of a certain track.
The regulars are amazed that I don't know the exact listing number and what colour socks the artist was wearing when they recorded it.

"There we go, that's only my 3rd 2022 Ice Grey Cross Turismo, with pano roof, but no Sport Chrono on Michelin PS4, but no Android Auto...."

Porsche Taycan Chalk on Taycan , WOW trainspotter (1)
Sponsored

Last edited: