CHALK Taycan Club

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Here are some screen shots taken from the video of me driving it off the transporter.

Porsche Taycan CHALK Taycan Club 80A465AB-69D6-48D3-8D47-F9E018138F7B
Porsche Taycan CHALK Taycan Club 0E3B1361-D44B-4099-95C5-12B96DB43C18
Porsche Taycan CHALK Taycan Club FDF985B4-3C98-4ED6-BBE9-A03A97FC98A3

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I have a couple of weeks until build lock for my new CT4s and am torn between Chalk/Crayon and Ice Grey.

Currently, I am leaning towards Chalk, and with black door handles. I feel this would match the gloss black base mirrors, the black off road package, and the black roof bars I spec'ed. There are many pictures of beautiful cars in this thread, but no one went with the black door handles.

Has anyone gone with the black door handles on a Chalk/Crayon Taycan? Pictures? Any consensus either way? In the configurator it looks good, but always hard to tell in reality.

I appreciate the feedback since is one of the only details I am unsure about

Waterdog

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have a couple of weeks until build lock for my new CT4s and am torn between Chalk/Crayon and Ice Grey.

Currently, I am leaning towards Chalk, and with black door handles. I feel this would match the gloss black base mirrors, the black off road package, and the black roof bars I spec'ed. There are many pictures of beautiful cars in this thread, but no one went with the black door handles.

Has anyone gone with the black door handles on a Chalk/Crayon Taycan? Pictures? Any consensus either way? In the configurator it looks good, but always hard to tell in reality.

I think the black door handles look awesome in the configurator with Chalk with the off-road package, roof rack and black gloss CT wheels. It makes it look much more sporty. I was considering using the black handles in my Chalk build but wanted a more clean and elegant look so didn't do the off road package or the black door handles. I am doing the roof rack and the gloss black CT wheels though. I asked 2 male friends and they liked the black door handles better for the sportier look too. I hope that helps!

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the black door handles look awesome in the configurator with Chalk with the off-road package, roof rack and black gloss CT wheels. It makes it look much more sporty. I was considering using the black handles in my Chalk build but wanted a more clean and elegant look so didn't do the off road package or the black door handles. I am doing the roof rack and the gloss black CT wheels though. I asked 2 male friends and they liked the black door handles better for the sportier look too. I hope that helps!

Pam, thank you for the feedback. If I go Chalk I will go with the black door handles.

Now I just need to decide between Chalk and the Ice Grey. I have another couple of weeks before Porsche locks my configuration, so I am going to have to make an "executive" decision at some point.

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
Pam, thank you for the feedback. If I go Chalk I will go with the black door handles.

Now I just need to decide between Chalk and the Ice Grey. I have another couple of weeks before Porsche locks my configuration, so I am going to have to make an "executive" decision at some point.
Have you seen Ice Grey in person? :)

Waterdog

First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag

Yay! Personally, I went with Chalk because it is more unique, but either way it will look great.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you seen Ice Grey in person? :)
I have not. Wish I could, but inventory Taycan's are non-existent in the greater Denver area. I have yet to see a Taycan in Chalk either. I have only seen a Cayenne in Chalk and it had the black door handles. I thought it looked slick, so it would nice on a Taycan as well.

The trouble with supply chain issues, and cars not being around as much, means that you have to almost guess when you custom order.

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
I have not. Wish I could, but inventory Taycan's are non-existent in the greater Denver area. I have yet to see a Taycan in Chalk either. I have only seen a Cayenne in Chalk and it had the black door handles. I thought it looked slick, so it would nice on a Taycan as well.

The trouble with supply chain issues, and cars not being around as much, means that you have to almost guess when you custom order.
I saw chalk and ice gray parked together before I decided my color. To be honest with you ice gray looks really close to more like white (different shade of white) or bright silver under bright sunlight. If you ask anyone what the color looks like... I can guarantee most people will tell you "white" until you show them what the real Taycan white is.

I personally think chalk is elegant. It is not a "look at me" color but unique enough to stand out. My Porsche ppl all said Chalk looks stunning and sophisticated. :)

Bavlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST (on order)
Country flag

This video has a chalk CT with black handles..... looks great I think.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-taycan-cross-turismo-turbos-on-youtube.9157/

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Bavlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thanks for the link! And, thank goodness for being able to scroll about in Youtube videos since I skipped to the couple of parts to where I could see the car.

I think that settles it! Appreciate the help everyone!
Will you go for the black handles?

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Will you go for the black handles?
I will. I am going to do Chalk, with the black door handles, the power charging door, gloss black for the off road package, and the gloss black rear view mirror.

It should contrast nicely with Chalk color on the side of the car.

Bavlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will. I am going to do Chalk, with the black door handles, the power charging door, gloss black for the off road package, and the gloss black rear view mirror.

It should contrast nicely with Chalk color on the side of the car.
Nice.

I have a chalk Turbo ST on order, without power charging or off road package to match too….hmmm…. I will have black wheels and trim though.

drkgt3rs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3RS
Country flag
Nice.

I have a chalk Turbo ST on order, without power charging or off road package to match too….hmmm…. I will have black wheels and trim though.
Nice.

Nice.

I have a black / Black GTS on order, but may change to a chalk / red. I saw only black and white Taycan in person.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Chalk is still my favourite…but you know, happy wife, happy life….that’s why I have coffee-beige….which looks much better in real life than in configurator.
Sponsored