CHALK Taycan Club

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
What do you guys think about "Light Strip with PORSCHE Logo in Glacier Blue" with Chalk exterior? Looks cool in picture but I haven't seen one in real life. Wondering if it's worth the extra $850.
2.jpeg

The other option is "Light Strip with PORSCHE Logo in Black". I've actually seen this one in person (check out the pictures I posted earlier in this thread if you're interested) and found it quite underwhelming. You can barely see "PORSCHE". Definitely not for me.
1.jpeg
Same dilemma here only on Neptune blue only it’s a free option on the GTS 😮

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Same dilemma here only on Neptune blue only it’s a free option on the GTS 😮
Ha! I feel black "PORSCHE" on a GTS kinda makes more sense because of the overall everything black theme? I can also see the argument for glacier blue to make it stand out and match your Neptune Blue exterior. Tough decision!

Are you also considering changing the LED headlights to glacier blue? A free option on GTS as well I believe.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Ha! I feel black "PORSCHE" on a GTS kinda makes more sense because of the overall everything black theme? I can also see the argument for glacier blue to make it stand out and match your Neptune Blue exterior. Tough decision!

Are you also considering changing the LED headlights to glacier blue? A free option on GTS as well I believe.
Yes and therein lies the problem ,cant decide which one looks best 🧐
with chalk I think black looks best 😉

Last edited:

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
My trip says 21.1kWh/100km on the app - not sure how accurate that is. I had ~45% battery left when i got home and i was playing around with all sorts of features (innodrive, sport plus, etc). Weather yesterday was very hot like 31 degree celsius (i think around 90F).

Overnight, the car charged to 100% (im trying to figure out how to charge to 80%) and that gave me 368km of range.
thanks… now I’m on 30kwh/100km
I have driven softly for 350 km but it’s not as good my previous Taycan 4s.

probably have to pass more time for knowing my driving mode.

the dealer delivered the car with 50km done so I think these km probably was done in furious mode 😁

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
What do you guys think about "Light Strip with PORSCHE Logo in Glacier Blue" with Chalk exterior? Looks cool in picture but I haven't seen one in real life. Wondering if it's worth the extra $850.
2.jpeg

The other option is "Light Strip with PORSCHE Logo in Black". I've actually seen this one in person (check out the pictures I posted earlier in this thread if you're interested) and found it quite underwhelming. You can barely see "PORSCHE". Definitely not for me.
1.jpeg
I have Porsche logo in Glacier blue and Chalk interior. Check out my pic. Everyone loves the blue logo. Really catch your attention and it’s not too flashy. I love it!!! Totally worth it.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My trip says 21.1kWh/100km on the app - not sure how accurate that is. I had ~45% battery left when i got home and i was playing around with all sorts of features (innodrive, sport plus, etc). Weather yesterday was very hot like 31 degree celsius (i think around 90F).

Overnight, the car charged to 100% (im trying to figure out how to charge to 80%) and that gave me 368km of range.
I keep reading about the 80%. Why do we want to charge to 80% and not 100%?

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
2.jpeg

1.jpeg
They charge $850 extra for glacier blue? Why? I ordered a GTS and they didn't charge extra for it.

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
I keep reading about the 80%. Why do we want to charge to 80% and not 100%?
My understanding is that if you charge to 80%, battery life should last longer. Charging to max every time increases degradation of the battery cells. This is all theory though, as some forum members mentioned they have been charging to 100% for months/years and they're battery is fine. So personal preference I think.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
My understanding is that if you charge to 80%, battery life should last longer. Charging to max every time increases degradation of the battery cells. This is all theory though, as some forum members mentioned they have been charging to 100% for months/years and they're battery is fine. So personal preference I think.
Afaik, it’s not good for the battery if you charge it to 100% and park the car (for days).
I charge up to 100%, then I spend 10-15%…so it’s parked with 85% SoC.