oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have white ones and they don't get more dirty than my car.
This means you have PSCB-brakes which are covered in a layer of tungsten-carbide. Tungsten-carbide is about ten times harder than steel which means you will have approximately a tenth of the brake dust as normal steel brakes under the same circumstances.
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
This means you have PSCB-brakes which are covered in a layer of tungsten-carbide. Tungsten-carbide is about ten times harder than steel which means you will have approximately a tenth of the brake dust as normal steel brakes under the same circumstances.
I have PCCB cuz Turbo S.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I think you are right- I really wish they offered a satin/Matt black mission e wheel, that would be my first choice.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the two full black mission e styles are? From what I can see on the configurator there are two options of a full black glossy wheel and that makes no sense.
Agree. Makes no sense, jet black metallic or black high gloss Which must look incredibly similar. Be interested if anyone has ever seen the 2 and which ones stand out.

Im leaving black/silver as refuse to pay £900 extra for the 5 extra spoke bits to be painted black. I think I’ll get them painted myself once it arrives.

Just checked and standard spokes are currently high gloss black so will get silver bits painted to match!

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
IMHO the Satin Platinum looks best on black or Volcano Gray. With Chalk I'd do standard black/silver or all black. These color-matched ones look great but I would constantly worry about cleaning them.
I had my white mission E wheels ceramic coated, and they seem to stay clean. YMMV.

allan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E-Tron
Country flag
Agree. Makes no sense, jet black metallic or black high gloss Which must look incredibly similar. Be interested if anyone has ever seen the 2 and which ones stand out.

Im leaving black/silver as refuse to pay £900 extra for the 5 extra spoke bits to be painted black. I think I’ll get them painted myself once it arrives.

Just checked and standard spokes are currently high gloss black so will get silver bits painted to match!
The jet black has metallic specks in it as far as I remember. Gloss black is more standard. Dealer recommended gloss black as if you scratch it, it's gonna be much easier fix. So I went gloss black.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
Anyone here order the new Chalk and have delivery soon?

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
At last :clap::clap::clap:

Maybe chalk/ crayon club for us on the other side of the pond
Do you call chalk something else in the UK (like truck vs lorry)? Such a strange decision on Porsche's part to give the color different names in the US vs UK.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Chalk is called crayon in the UK and the rest of the world, it makes absolutely no sense since the name in German is "Kreite" which means chalk.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Just been told mine will be here mid Nov, delayed by 2 weeks
How come delayed? I’m crayon with nov 12th build complete so hoping not delayed. Yours could be one of the first crayon In the U.K. maybe?

see your currently running a c63, same as me. Will miss the noise!
Sponsored