Chalk with Bordeaux Red or Carmine Red with GTS Interior Package

Which would you pick given my situation?

• Total voters

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
My freeze date is finally coming up in just a couple of days! I was initially set on a GTS sedan with a Chalk exterior and Bordeaux Red interior, but have recently been considering Carmine Red. I realize color is very subjective, but was hoping to get some thoughts/feedback to help me decide. All my past cars have been red, so I figured this would be a good chance to move away from that - that's how I initially opted for Chalk. However, so many cars nowadays are black, white, or some variant of grey - which makes me want to get a more special color for the Taycan GTS, and the Carmine Red looks absolutely stunning.

Bordeaux red is my favorite interior, but I think it's too much red when paired with Carmine Red on the outside. The Black leather interior is a bit too monotonous for me, even when contrasted with red seatbelts and red Sport Chrono clock. I also didn't like any of the other interior leather colors when paired with a Carmine Red exterior. The GTS Interior Package in Carmine Red seems to be the best complement, but... I've heard very mixed things about living with Race-Tex. On one hand, I've seen people on this forum mention that it holds up well with regular maintenance, I've also heard people totally advise against it for numerous reasons (cheaper material, less luxurious feel, gets matte easily from hand oils, etc).

For reference, this will be a "weekend" car and not a daily driver. We don't have kids now, but likely will in the near future. I also have a small dog, she usually sits inside a dog car seat/box if we're taking her somewhere. Although I'm pretty good with regular cleaning & general upkeep, I am not sure if those factors immediately make Race-Tex unfeasible for me.

Chalk with Bordeaux Red looks amazing, but I slightly like Carmine Red more - which I would pair with the GTS Interior Package (Race-Tex w/ Carmine Red accents). Given my situation, which would you pick?
Sponsored

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Chalk/Bordeaux no doubt. I would option chalk stitching and maybe chalk seatbelts.
Porsche Taycan Chalk with Bordeaux Red or Carmine Red with GTS Interior Package IMG_3051

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
I went with Chalk with Bordeaux red on my GTS sedan, mainly because I did not want a race-tex steering wheel. I would've been fine with race-tex seats and everything else, but just not the steering wheel. From my experience with the GT3 and some Audi alcantara steering wheels, they just don't hold up well over time. At least with the daily abuse my household would put them through.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Tough one - I voted for Carmine/GTS Interior Pack. Carmine is the GTS launch color, so because of that I'm partial to it for a GTS. Alcantara holds up decent on anything your hands don't touch, so the main downside really is the wheel which is not changeable on the package. I wouldn't do it on a daily but for a weekend car, maybe

Although, why not black leather with contrast red stitching and red belts? That's going to be approximately the same cost as the GTS interior pack anyways

FYI some images of contrast red on Black (though Olea) leather https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/guards-red-contrast-stitching.4812/

OP
OP
spicyypenguin

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
Although, why not black leather with contrast red stitching and red belts? That's going to be approximately the same cost as the GTS interior pack anyways

FYI some images of contrast red on Black (though Olea) leather https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/guards-red-contrast-stitching.4812/
Good point! That is such an impressive spec.

I was briefly considering the deviated stitching in red but ultimately decided against it due to cost. It is indeed similar in price to the GTS Interior Package, but the latter seems to be a much better value for the same cost (includes CF trim, CF steering wheel, accent-matched seatbelts, accent-matched Sport Chrono watch, headrest embroidery, and the deviated stitching). Because of that, the GTS Interior Package seemed like the way to go for the Carmine Red exterior.

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
There’s no wrong choice here. Did you see the colors/interior options in person? I was set on the bordeaux interior for months until I saw it in person and switched to club leather - this is all subjective and in the end you should get what’ll make you smile!

OP
OP
spicyypenguin

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
There’s no wrong choice here. Did you see the colors/interior options in person? I was set on the bordeaux interior for months until I saw it in person and switched to club leather - this is all subjective and in the end you should get what’ll make you smile!
They both make me smile!

I've seen the Bordeaux Red interior in person and absolutely love it. I was worried it would be too much on the bordeaux side of things (e.g. wine red) but it was just perfect. However, I have not seen the GTS Interior Package or Race-Tex on a Taycan and only have online pictures/reviews to go by. Would be nice to see it in person to get a better sense of the material's durability and get a feel for what to expect, but my dealer literally only has Macans (with leather interiors) on the lot and the last Taycans that came in all had leather interiors too.

What made you change from Bordeaux Red to the club leather?

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
What I have seen for US market, leather made up for 99% of the GTS launch car (spec ordered by dealer). For European GTS launch car, Race-Tex is much more popular. Just an observation for thought.

I personally ordered Chalk+Bordeaux red;) such a lovely combo and easy decision for me, they are both my favorite. Wife would wanted the GTS race-Tex package in red if it’s her car. I have convinced her to chill out and promise we will get it for her future car as I like it too just not as much as the full Bordeaux red leather.
Sponsored