Change in MSRP?

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
We just started looking at the Taycan in the spring 2022; and put down a deposit recently, but for all those other Taycan owners (current and inspiring), has the MSRP changed since 2020 (up and down)? Do we think the MSRP can go down next spring before we take actual delivery?
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Up, that's the only direction Porsche prices go :eek:

Just hope there's no increase before next spring, the last increase was this spring.

Deleted member 6348

Unlike Tesla, Porsche does not constantly change prices.

OP
OP

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Unlike Tesla, Porsche does not constantly change prices.
ah! yea, we have a Tesla, i remember playing the 'refresh browser' game for months on end and locked in the Tesla at a low price (looking back now) but this was maany many years ago!

So looking back; I assume the lowest MSRP for the Taycan was probably end of 2019/early 2020?

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Yeah absolutely not going to be a price decrease. Pretty sure that's the case for almost every car, not just EVs. Most cars all have annual price increases. Yes, the lowest MSRP were the original cars. Here is a thread on the most recent US price increases (they vary by region).

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/my2023-us-price-increases.10597/

My car is going to be a late 2022 which I'm not super excited about, but I did avoid the $4k price increase and am getting the power steering column which is removed in 2023 RWD, 4 and 4S

The only possibility is that demand decreases/supply increases in 2023 so dealers are more willing to negotiate, but I doubt that's going to be the case with a lot of the supply issues that are happening. There are few Taycans on the lot these days, with the 12V battery delays that are happening.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
We just started looking at the Taycan in the spring 2022; and put down a deposit recently, but for all those other Taycan owners (current and inspiring), has the MSRP changed since 2020 (up and down)? Do we think the MSRP can go down next spring before we take actual delivery?
Down??

It went up several months ago for MY23 production onwards (July / August) by around £1500 from memory so similar in dollars.

In general expect an annual increase around the same time each year.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
there has been two so far in 2022. One in May followed by the annual price increases in July.

Deleted member 6348

ah! yea, we have a Tesla, i remember playing the 'refresh browser' game for months on end and locked in the Tesla at a low price (looking back now) but this was maany many years ago!

So looking back; I assume the lowest MSRP for the Taycan was probably end of 2019/early 2020?
In 2019 and 2020, you were probably able to score one below MSRP. Different times.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Can only speak for the ‘21 CT4, but the same spec for MY23 is about $7k higher sticker.

Comparing our ‘18 Panny ST 4S to the same spec as a ‘22 was about a $14k difference for sticker.

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
Yes, this is an only up market for MSPR Porsches and cars in general. However, when I ordered mine in Nov 2021, I received a 1.5% discount from the dealer. Since then, my SA told me they are no longer doing these discounts.

OP
OP

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Yes, this is an only up market for MSPR Porsches and cars in general. However, when I ordered mine in Nov 2021, I received a 1.5% discount from the dealer. Since then, my SA told me they are no longer doing these discounts.
cool...im in canada too
Sponsored