• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Change of heart. 2022 4S Volcano Grey For Sale

Brazz

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Panamera 4S EH, 2022 Cayenne
Country flag
Well, after 1000 miles I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m not ready for EV life. It may be inevitable but the speed to range to charging relationship is challenging for me. The car is fantastic, but not for me at this time. I’m planning to sell. Let me know if anyone is interested. 2022 4S Volcano Grey. This forum has been a great resource so I thought I would offer it to the group, especially those pondering a purchase but don’t want to wait. If interested, send a message for more details.

Porsche Taycan Change of heart. 2022 4S Volcano Grey For Sale 0D257210-6102-4AA3-91E1-5BC74746B755

Porsche Taycan Change of heart. 2022 4S Volcano Grey For Sale 27480FEC-9706-47F8-B083-1A76365CEF61

Porsche Taycan Change of heart. 2022 4S Volcano Grey For Sale 1F724834-AF64-495F-BC78-CDEBF1C3D91F

Porsche Taycan Change of heart. 2022 4S Volcano Grey For Sale 6FBCAF5A-AEFD-4CDB-B54A-8317D4AAC288

Porsche Taycan Change of heart. 2022 4S Volcano Grey For Sale 63688DD2-5A05-4394-954C-2A7A05481BEF

Porsche Taycan Change of heart. 2022 4S Volcano Grey For Sale 821D2189-CB5B-4B56-983E-5F47E2C11410

• Wow
Reactions: B61

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
It may be inevitable but the speed to range to charging relationship is challenging for me.
Can you explain what you mean by this? I don't have a Taycan yet but it'll be my first EV, so I'm curious as to other perspectives. Nice car though, I would seriously consider going for it if it was in my preferred color.

NewPdude

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M440i
Country flag
Can you show us the spec please? Might be interested… that volcano was my very close 2nd choice of color…. thanks

NewPdude

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M440i
Country flag
Also, you have two different wheel specs on these photos…does it have the 21’’ spider wheels?

OP
OP

Brazz

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you explain what you mean by this? I don't have a Taycan yet but it'll be my first EV, so I'm curious as to other perspectives. Nice car though, I would seriously consider going for it if it was in my preferred color.
Anything over 75mph drastically impacts speed. Typically, I’m cruising around 85-90mph and don’t want to charge every 150 miles.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Are you getting 150 mile range even with perf plus battery !
Traveling at s constant speed >= 70 mph will obviously use more energy (battery or fuel). If most of your journeys are like this then clearly more frequent refueling is needed.

PB+ adds say 20 - 30 miles of range which isn't as much as you might imagine.

Depending on the climate / ambient temperature initial range before turning a wheel at 100% charge will be anything between 220 miles and 300 miles.

Not hard therefore to understand how the range can be impacted and that's before you factor in other loads such as use of AC and heating.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Ignoring friction, approx 50% more energy is used travelling at a constant 85mph than for the same distance at 70mph. That's not peculiar to EVs, but I guess their lower range limits make it more apparent.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Ignoring friction, approx 50% more energy is used travelling at a constant 85mph than for the same distance at 70mph. That's not peculiar to EVs, but I guess their lower range limits make it more apparent.
this blows my mind

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
it means the faster you drive the more kw you will use and have to charge more often. you have to choose between getting someplace a few minutes faster against how long you will need to charge

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
this blows my mind
Aerodynamic drag being proportional to velocity squared...another headline example is that a constant 50mph only requires 50% of the energy used to travel the same distance at 70mph. Hopefully Frank D ? will come along and comment as to how complete this simple model is for the real world...and maybe recommend optimum slipstreaming strategy for motorway crusing ?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
it means the faster you drive the more kw you will use and have to charge more often.
Kind of. But more kW is really more of an effect than a cause and doesn’t really tell what’s happening.

The car has a starting amount of energy. Your range is dependent on energy/distance. Which is force.

Speed is distance/time.
Power is energy/time.

An increase in power along with an increase in speed means more more energy per unit of time, but also more distance per unit of time. So, to say more speed = more power = less range isn’t telling the whole story as, on it’s own, there’s no change to the energy/distance, which is what affects our range.

What actually happens is the force required increases with speed. This is due to increased resistance and does have the effect of causing the power to increase, but not proportional to speed. And that’s the key.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
A Lucid would meet your requirements and keep you in an EV. A battery about 40% larger and 18% more efficient.

OP
OP

Brazz

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, but the styling doesn’t suit me. The Porsche is the right car, with a higher capacity battery.
Sponsored