• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Change of heart. 2022 4S Volcano Grey For Sale

OP
OP

Brazz

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Panamera 4S EH, 2022 Cayenne
Country flag
Hello. This is my last post. All these are great points. Thank you. While the car is great, it was not a good decision for me as a commuter vehicle. It’s a Porsche, I don’t want to cruise at 60 or 70 (that’s a Lexus or Mercedes). The car begs you to DRIVE it but punishes (range) for doing so. While I loved it, it wasn’t worth the money (to me) to sit in the garage for short fast runs. Again, to each person their own desires. I wish everyone the best and safe driving. Signing off.
Sponsored

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you go banging around at 90mph everywhere, you're not going to get much range in anything. Nothing unique about the Taycan; my buddy's Model S LR range drops dramatically when he does high speed freeway trips. OP, did you not know this before you bought the car?

There's gotta be more to this story.

JTK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
The challenge you will have is a resale does not get the $7,500 tax credit.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not really a challenge to the seller is it? Plus he's already sold it, so clearly not an insurmountable challenge to the buyer either.

I actually think the OP raises a great limitation though. I commute on a relatively light traffic freeway and typically cruise in the 80-90 range (sometimes short periods faster). I would not enjoy commuting slower. I only have a 16 miles (each way), so not a huge deal, but I genuinely could see this as a red flag and don't blame the OP. I think each to his own and who is anyone to knock someone else

Crazycanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911, Cayenne Turbo SE, McLaren GT
Country flag
Didn't understand the 60-70 vs. 80-90mph as a primary rationale to sell. I am cruising easily 85 on average most of the time and my range is still ~201 miles @ 85% SOC. Proof attached. Plus I never use more than 100 miles typically on even the heaviest days. Shrug, to each their own.

Porsche Taycan Change of heart. 2022 4S Volcano Grey For Sale unnamed

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Didn't understand the 60-70 vs. 80-90mph as a primary rationale to sell. I am cruising easily 85 on average most of the time and my range is still ~201 miles @ 85% SOC. Proof attached. Plus I never use more than 100 miles typically on even the heaviest days. Shrug, to each their own.

unnamed.jpeg
90% Charge in my Taycan CT gets me 241 miles! Happy camper/owner I am. I charge like twice a week at most. 20 miles each way to work...About 50 miles a day at the most on average driving. Have 2 ICE cars which I swap out as needed/desired.

Porsche Taycan Change of heart. 2022 4S Volcano Grey For Sale IMG_8438

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
KEEP THE CAR, you wont regret it
In UK petrol is now £8 a gallon and I charge at home at 7.5p kwH from April 1st
(1 more week at 5p per KwH!)
At 90mph thats 4p per mile
Petrol at 20mpg is 40p a mile
Just drive a bit slower, save the planet (and 1p a mile!)
The best bit is you get to spend longer in your Taycan
My Taycan is nicer inside than any room I use at home or work
Like an executive 1st class airport lounge
I like the 300mile challenge which I have done in my 4S
with 20 wheels in summer several times - Try it, its fun - 1p a mile!
60-65 mph
You cant go much faster on busy UK roads anyway without the massive stress
of knobs driving 18 inches from your bumper in the fast lane!
Cruise in Range mode which sets the suspension to gangsta low
so you look cool, no stress, set off earlier, no speeding tickets.
Plenty overtake me smiling and waving giving me the thumbs up.
I occasionally floor it
Just for fun!
This really made me laugh, cheers bud!

Crazycanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911, Cayenne Turbo SE, McLaren GT
Country flag
90% Charge in my Taycan CT gets me 241 miles! Happy camper/owner I am. I charge like twice a week at most. 20 miles each way to work...About 50 miles a day at the most on average driving. Have 2 ICE cars which I swap out as needed/desired.

IMG_8438.jpg
Very nice! Curious, do you drive in normal mode usually? How's would you describe your style overall?

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Very nice! Curious, do you drive in normal mode usually? How's would you describe your style overall?
Usually charge to between 85-90% SOC. Drive almost 90% of the time in Sport mode. Almost never in Range mode. Normal only if I forget to turn it to sport when I pull off. Usually see about a 4-5 mi delta between normal and sport and then 2-3 between sport and sport plus. Of course Range is the best...last week had 71 miles with Range/68 with Normal/66 with Sport and 61 with Sport Plus at one point on the way to work with around 30% something SOC I think.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Just had an opportunity to validate my earlier post that, ignoring friction, aero drag is proportional to speed squared...I've just watched Carwow drive the Merc EQE and they did comparative constant speed runs:
215kph at 57kWh, and 130kph at 21.1kWh.
If the drag to speed-squared relationship were maintained, the energy consumption rate at 215kph would = the rate at 130kph * (215/130)^2 = 21.1*215/130*215/130 = 57.7kWh.
Sponsored