Change rims in the Connect App

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I've read somewhere that if You purchase new wheel set from Porsche - they are able to request changing them in the car rendered image in the app (Connect / Dashboard).

Do You maybe know if it's possible? Anyone has any experience? Is only Porsche dealer able to do it?
Sponsored

Last edited:
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S PBP
Country flag
I’m also curious about this. My car was delivered on winter tires, and so my car was set to Turbo aero wheels.

Now I’m on Mission E wheels and wonder if they could change.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I would bet no for the same reason the car is only white in the PCM and not our car's actual color.

Treeboar

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan / S3
Country flag
Bumping to see if anyone has found out yet? It’s only been 2.5yrs since the initial start of this thread!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Porsche didn’t figure out a way to pay for this “upgrade” yet? I’m going out to the factory in mid December, to the birthplace of my baby, to see how she is made, so I’ll run this by them. I’m sure they can make a few $$$$ for wheel, color, background adjustments in the app. I’ll keep everyone posted.

DRR

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2021 Model Y Performance
Country flag
Thanks. That would be a nice to have feature so the picture on my phone home screen matches my car since I changed to the black mission E wheels from the original silver turbo aero wheels.

wicksta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would bet no for the same reason the car is only white in the PCM and not our car's actual color.
The PCM doesn't know anything about the car colour/wheels, the app gets the metadata from the VIN, so theoretically could be changed by Porsche. But good luck getting it done, when I had an i3, I had a special edition one and the car showed up as a 4 series under a cover in the BMW Connect app! I couldn't get it changed, but one day after having it for about a year it just started working, so I guess they added that colour/wheel combo.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
The PCM doesn't know anything about the car colour/wheels, the app gets the metadata from the VIN, so theoretically could be changed by Porsche. But good luck getting it done, when I had an i3, I had a special edition one and the car showed up as a 4 series under a cover in the BMW Connect app! I couldn't get it changed, but one day after having it for about a year it just started working, so I guess they added that colour/wheel combo.
It just seems like such a basic thing that can be easily done and I am sure the software guys will say its harder than it looks, but thats job security. :)
Sponsored