Change Seats from 14-way to 18-way Seats - retrofit install?

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's all moot because a dealer is not going to sell you the full seat. You'll have to either find someone looking to swap out of their 18 ways for 14 ways or buy them from a wrecked parts car. Also, you would need to confirm that the wiring harness is identical for both seats. It most likely is, but that would be something to make sure of before you even start the process.
Sponsored

agility65

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S/Tesla 3 & X
Country flag
Has anybody made the swap from 14 way to 18 way “sport” seats or vice versa? I just bought a 2020 Turbo S with the 18’s and they are killing my back! I loved the 14’s at the dealer and didn’t realize how different the 18’s were for my back. I’m going to the used car dealer whole sold me the car to see if I can buy a different car but would love to replace with an 18 if at all possible.

There are a ton of salvage cars out there with 18 seats but I don’t want to do that until I know it’s fully supported.

Any other solutions besides a seat cover or selling the car after 3 days. :)

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Has anybody made the swap from 14 way to 18 way “sport” seats or vice versa? I just bought a 2020 Turbo S with the 18’s and they are killing my back! I loved the 14’s at the dealer and didn’t realize how different the 18’s were for my back. I’m going to the used car dealer whole sold me the car to see if I can buy a different car but would love to replace with an 18 if at all possible.

There are a ton of salvage cars out there with 18 seats but I don’t want to do that until I know it’s fully supported.

Any other solutions besides a seat cover or selling the car after 3 days. :)
It would very likely be cheaper to replace the Taycan with one that has this feature if it’s important to you.

agility65

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S/Tesla 3 & X
Country flag
It would very likely be cheaper to replace the Taycan with one that has this feature if it’s important to you.
I’m investigating that. Can probably get a Turbo instead of a Turbo S with 10K more miles for same price. :(

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I think the only difference between the 14 and 18 way seats is the side bolsters. It seems odd therefore that the 18 way seats are killing your back but the 14 way ones didn’t. Unless you are really squashed in by the bolsters the adjustment should be the same on both models.

agility65

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S/Tesla 3 & X
Country flag
It's all moot because a dealer is not going to sell you the full seat. You'll have to either find someone looking to swap out of their 18 ways for 14 ways or buy them from a wrecked parts car. Also, you would need to confirm that the wiring harness is identical for both seats. It most likely is, but that would be something to make sure of before you even start the process.
Talked to the dealer (parts department). “We have never done a seat swap, I wouldn’t recommend it. “

I wish I fully understood my back. For me I think the biggest issue is the side bolsters and the way the top of the back pushes my shoulders forward. Since my back doesn’t lay fully flat on the backrest; the sides, the lumber and the shoulder bolsters create pressure points that I react to. Had the same issue with the model S seats and had to sell it but the model 3 seats were perfect. Poking the spots of my back and shoulders just creates tension. On the track when pushed against one side, I’m fine.

The car is for sale.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I would change the words ‘very likely’
to
absolutely 100% definitely
Sponsored