Changing from 20" to 21" Wheels + TPMS

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have managed to source some used Exclusive wheels in high gloss black to replace my Turbo Aero wheels when the car arrives. :)

Once the 21" wheels are fitted to the car do I need to change any settings on the car system or do I need to take it to Porsche to make any changes?

Also the wheels do not come with TPMS. Rather than remove them from the 20" Turbo Aero Wheels I will buy another set. Can anyone recommend a UK company who can do these at a good price? Assume they have to be genuine Porsche Taycan ones?
Sponsored

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
I have managed to source some used Exclusive wheels in high gloss black to replace my Turbo Aero wheels when the car arrives. :)

Once the 21" wheels are fitted to the car do I need to change any settings on the car system or do I need to take it to Porsche to make any changes?

Also the wheels do not come with TPMS. Rather than remove them from the 20" Turbo Aero Wheels I will buy another set. Can anyone recommend a UK company who can do these at a good price? Assume they have to be genuine Porsche Taycan ones?
I have bought the same wheels a few months ago for use in the summer - which is not yet :) so bear in mind I haven't actually installed them and confirmed they work.

The TPMS model is HUF RDE047V21, the last 3 digits of the part number are the valve stem colour and I got V26 which are black. This HUF model is preprogrammed and should in theory "just work". I ended up buying them off a German shop on eBay (this was the place https://autotechnik24.de)

Porsche Taycan Changing from 20" to 21" Wheels + TPMS PSX_20210315_124301

Beware that suppliers may substitute in a model they say is equivalent, one shop I initially ordered from subbed in a totally different sensor which would need reprogramming and if I recall correctly had a plastic valve stem.

Like I say while I have the parts I haven't used them so good luck!

OP
OP

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for the info, that was my next question what is the part number for the TPMS, you have answered that for me. I need black too.

I have now used the search function on the forum and the other questions have also been answered in those.

Thanks again
Sponsored

Last edited: