Changing the charging current limiting rate with Porsche mobile charger connect?

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Porsche mobile charger connect, can you check and see if you can change the charging current limiting rate, looking at this for a dryer connection, be nice to know so I don't Trip a breaker, thanks

Porsche Taycan Changing the charging current limiting rate with Porsche mobile charger connect? IMG_7625.PNG
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Porsche mobile charger connect, can you check and see if you can change the charging current limiting rate, looking at this for a dryer connection, be nice to know so I don't Trip a breaker, thanks

IMG_7625.PNG
My Audi E-tron charger can switch to 50% and it looks exactly like the Mobile Charger Connect of Porsche (manufacturer Heidelberg GmbH).
Porsche Taycan Changing the charging current limiting rate with Porsche mobile charger connect? IMG_20200315_203616586

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
My Audi E-tron charger can switch to 50% and it looks exactly like the Mobile Charger Connect of Porsche (manufacturer Heidelberg GmbH).
The Taycan charger is much more advanced. You can connect it to your Wi-Fi Network and you can change the Charge power in 1 Ampere steps..

Porsche Taycan Changing the charging current limiting rate with Porsche mobile charger connect? 71599699-D405-40A4-8A7E-9E4C8099D793

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot

IMG_7625.PNG
Yes, here in the Netherlands you can select 6-10A, 230V.
I assume if you have a industrial cord attached , it'll be between 10-30+A.
It also has WiFi to check for latest software, very nice and solid device.

Porsche Taycan Changing the charging current limiting rate with Porsche mobile charger connect? IMG_20200412_154210626

Last edited by a moderator:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Is there a way to limit charging current on a Tacan from the car itself? I don't have a Taycan yet, but plan to get the 19.6KW on-board charger to match the 80A charger I already use in my garage for other EVs, but from time to time I do like to limit the charging current - is that not possible with a Taycan?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Is there a way to limit charging current on a Tacan from the car itself? I don't have a Taycan yet, but plan to get the 19.6KW on-board charger to match the 80A charger I already use in my garage for other EVs, but from time to time I do like to limit the charging current - is that not possible with a Taycan?
No.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

IMG_7625.PNG
Yes. Connect the PMCC to your home network or enable the hotspot and connect directly via your mobile.

Use your browser and go to the PMCC Web Connect portal on the PMCC. Login using the password you got in the white envelope and navigate to the charging / setup menu.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
:( I wonder if it's coming in some future update. Based on the video below, the charging systems settings seem could use some simplification/new capabilities, for example, why not have charge rate limit and max charge as part of a profile.
Sponsored