MelbourneTaycan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi, I am taking delivery of a Taycan 4s next week and have just realised I missed ordering the electric charge port covers. I realise that I can’t change them to electric versions but is it possible to install the black matte strips to the existing covers to give the appearance of the electric port covers on the Turbo S. I can order the strips from Porsche and seeking your thoughts. Thankyou for your help and can’t wait to take delivery of the car.
Regards Justin (Melbourne, Australia)
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi, the electric ports have a protruding strip of 3 dimensions - so quite substantial. To use tape would look odd in my view.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Hi, I am taking delivery of a Taycan 4s next week and have just realised I missed ordering the electric charge port covers. I realise that I can’t change them to electric versions but is it possible to install the black matte strips to the existing covers to give the appearance of the electric port covers on the Turbo S. I can order the strips from Porsche and seeking your thoughts. Thankyou for your help and can’t wait to take delivery of the car.
Regards Justin (Melbourne, Australia)
Honestly, the worst thing about the power charge ports is the black bar. Frankly, I would have rather it been something hidden like what is in place for the front hood. I have the power charge port covers and the only thing I don't like about them is the black bars. I would just leave as is and enjoy having a car with a nice clean look.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Hi, the electric ports have a protruding strip of 3 dimensions - so quite substantial. To use tape would look odd in my view.
I think he means to purchase the actual trim strips from Porsche. However, I agree that they would look odd. Not only that, the manual charging port flap appears to be larger than the one for the power port so I don't think the strips would fit right and might even interfere with opening the cover. Just seems like a bad idea all around. I'd leave well enough alone.

Last edited: