Charge scheduling - through the car or the home charger?

IRL

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have been recommended a home charging unit that comes with its own app that allows you to schedule when it will charge the car (to avail of the cheaper rate at night) and balance the load with the household usage.

I am wondering if this creates any problem for the car’s own charging schedule (for example, if ever it expects a charge but doesn’t get one because the wall charger isn’t on or is temporarily deprioritised)?

It seems like I would be paying for the same scheduling feature twice and only complicating the installation and usage.

Any advice from others’ experience would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
The car charging profiles work great for me, I just let that deal with charging. Only once did I press the direct charge button in error and had a 100% charged car in the morning, just made me go for a country drive to deplete it down to 90 ish for the day.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I use a combination of my home chargers app and the car charging controls and its not caused any problems.

OP
OP
IRL

IRL

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks Gogs and Persuader - really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The documented 12V battery issue from other forum members seem to stem from issues on charging profiles being amended (intentionally or not) via the Connect app. For that reason I have only set my "General" profile to recommended 85% and not set any timed profiles to minimise the risk of any 12V snafus. I then use my home charger (Andersen) for any timed charging if needed.

Reactions: IRL

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
Has anyone used or setup a charging profile based on dynamic energy rates via a provided such as Agile Octopus?
Sponsored