jaspercrane

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Panamera Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone else had this issue? We installed the charger to 50 amp circuit last August and have had no issues until now. The charger just had a big software update (along with the car) so I assume this is the issue. Instead of charging overnight, it would only get to ~70% (instead of 80%) and each morning the unit would be red and need the internal breaker reset. But now it won't charge at all even on direct charging. Thanks!
Sponsored

Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, Cayenne, 911
Country flag
Yes, I have the same issue. My car has been doing this sporadically since I bought in 2020. This never happens during Direct Charging. Seems to occur only when using the timer/profile. The wall charger says ""fault-current circuit breaker triggered". Charging stops sometime during the night, sometimes as soon as it starts and sometimes hours later. Breaker is fine. It never trips. I simply press "ok" on the charger and it starts again. Dealer has looked at this many times but so far they cannot fix. I have tried reducing power, resetting the timer profiles, unplugging charger, etc. I even tried using the plug on the opposite side of car. The error happens only sometimes, so it's hard to reproduce. Also, I have not yet received the latest big software update since Porsche stopped the roll out to 2020 models.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Has anyone else had this issue? We installed the charger to 50 amp circuit last August and have had no issues until now. The charger just had a big software update (along with the car) so I assume this is the issue. Instead of charging overnight, it would only get to ~70% (instead of 80%) and each morning the unit would be red and need the internal breaker reset. But now it won't charge at all even on direct charging. Thanks!
are you using the Porsche EVSE that came with the car to charge the Taycan over night?

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...uide-to-the-porsche-evse-pmc-pmcc-pwcc.13886/

Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, Cayenne, 911
Country flag
Thanks. Yes, I use the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect. Maybe I would be more successful with another product?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Thanks. Yes, I use the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect. Maybe I would be more successful with another product?
without actual diagnose one can not say for certain…but there is experience of other Taycan/EV owners having greater luck with non-Porsche EVSE's for their EV charging needs.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Fixing this is a two step process, as follows:

Step 1: Throw out the Porsche charger.

Step 2: Install a quality third party EVSE, like a JuiceBox, Clipper Creek, Wallbox, etc.
Sponsored