BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
When I ordered my car I had trouble finding good pictures of the wall mount for the charger. I was able to piece it together based on the manual but thought this picture set may help someone else planning for their hookup.

the wall plate mounts with three hefty screws. The cabinet goes on that with 8 or so smaller screws. Charging cable fastens to the holder with the plug going out the top. The car cable then goes down. Pay attention to the orientation of your 14-50 outlet.

Tesla wall connector mounted beside for comparison.

Porsche Taycan Charger Wall Mount pictures 824EDB6E-E62F-4FD8-B49B-0173981B4A2F
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks for posting this, I have a couple questions:

1. How much space is between the cutout for the wall socket and the right side of the cabinet? (I want to plan ahead for this when I get the NEMA socket installed.)

2. Does this strictly require the porsche charger "connect" or will the "plus" version also fit?

OP
OP
BlueShoes

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for posting this, I have a couple questions:

1. How much space is between the cutout for the wall socket and the right side of the cabinet? (I want to plan ahead for this when I get the NEMA socket installed.)

2. Does this strictly require the porsche charger "connect" or will the "plus" version also fit?
For 1) If we're talking about the same dimension it's roughly 7". I can't see it perfectly but if you're talking about the space between the opening in the plastic back plate and the right edge... sort of like if you're wanting to make sure you're not too close to a wall on the right side. I have my cabinet mounted so that the center screws are on a stud-line so my outlet is on the left edge of a stud.

For 2) I can't help there. I don't fully recognize what the 'plus' version is. When I bought my car the PMCC (Porsche Mobile Charger Connect) was the only option. I wanted to buy a PMC (Porche Mobile Charger) also for leaving in trunk of the car but it wasn't out. The specs between PMC and PMCC look to vary a little bit on size but it would seem to me they'd want to have them match as they don't have more than one version of the wall cabinet that I'm aware of. Just speculation though.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
That's helpful, thanks. I'll be mounting next to a circuit breaker and will want enough space to eventually mount the nicer box.

OP
OP
BlueShoes

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That's helpful, thanks. I'll be mounting next to a circuit breaker and will want enough space to eventually mount the nicer box.
Yeah if that box is to the right, I'd give yourself 8+ inches, or a little more if it's not recessed in wall b/c you don't want to be squeezing the cord between your wall box and circuit panel. It's an easy install if you've got your outlet in the right spot. Just be mindful of the orientation of the outlet b/c the way the box is oriented the outlet is i think upside down.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Don't forget to install the NEMA 14-50 outlet upside down (i.e. with ground pin down at 6 o'clock).
Sponsored