aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
Looks great from this thread
Here's the BIG question tho 😉...
Google Play Store??? 🤞

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Interesting app and great initiative!

Is there a way to set metric values rather than miles?
And is the PMCC charge stats included or not.

Guess the main issue with all this is that the car itself does not report the charging sessions, but relies on chargers to do so?

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Interesting app and great initiative!

Is there a way to set metric values rather than miles?
And is the PMCC charge stats included or not.

Guess the main issue with all this is that the car itself does not report the charging sessions, but relies on chargers to do so?
It should be using your device locale and using km, Euro etc as needed. If you see a place that isn’t happening let me know as it’s a bug!

Yes, auto import definitely helps. I sadly do not have PMCC import of charges. But when it dies consider a Wallbox. :)

Road tripping is when this app really gets fun, and was in fact my primary use case. It has expanded over the past eight months or so to be an all encompassing cost/stat tracker for EVs.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’v also had a few bugs with it:
- When trying to add my car model, it didn’t recognize “Taycan turbo S” and constantly threw an error for model required. It got it on the second time

- When syncing my Porsche account, the app didn’t show any information that it was working on it until a random screen popped up to select my Taycan (as opposed to my 911)

- It doesn’t recognize my Rivian R1S as valid model. This also highlights that you can’t cancel from adding a vehicle

- The setup screen workflows are a little wonky, especially around allowing real-time access, location access etc. Would be simpler with a single flow.

- Chargepoint access would be ideal.

Some initial feedback. As a developer myself, happy to help improve this where I can.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’v also had a few bugs with it:
- When trying to add my car model, it didn’t recognize “Taycan turbo S” and constantly threw an error for model required. It got it on the second time

- When syncing my Porsche account, the app didn’t show any information that it was working on it until a random screen popped up to select my Taycan (as opposed to my 911)

- It doesn’t recognize my Rivian R1S as valid model. This also highlights that you can’t cancel from adding a vehicle

- The setup screen workflows are a little wonky, especially around allowing real-time access, location access etc. Would be simpler with a single flow.

- Chargepoint access would be ideal.

Some initial feedback. As a developer myself, happy to help improve this where I can.
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

What I have found is that the custom lookup/completion control which made perfect sense to me, did not make sense to many others. My workflow is to exit the field by tapping another field (or the software keyboard return key.) It seems most people go right for the continue button which didn't properly allow the control to flush its contents. The workaround for now is exit the field with the software return key; this will allow you to add anything that's not in the list so you're not stuck with the ones I've prepopulated. Fixed in 1.0.2.

I did, however, add more entries to the prepopulation list for 1.0.2.

Cancel button is super known, super embarrassing, and super fixed in 1.0.2.

Onboarding is admittedly a bit squishy; it's not a part of the app I ever have to use and hasn't been exercised as well. I had a reasonable beta pool (around 30 users) but it's clear now I should have opened beta up here to my super-engaged Taycan friends.

Thanks for working with me as I shore it up!

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
installed the app, can you intergrate with Tibber API, my kW cost differs per hour. The API will push the rates

Porsche Taycan Chargey EV charge / trip tracking app for iOS now available! DA573129-387E-43B9-9510-E3F14DD63BEE

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
installed the app, can you intergrate with Tibber API, my kW cost differs per hour. The API will push the rates

DA573129-387E-43B9-9510-E3F14DD63BEE.png
Thanks for the suggestion! For now I'm just assuming people will charge against one rate, and that time-of-use-discounted people (like myself) will simply limit charging to the cheap window.

I don't want to make promises or set expectations, but I do consider all product feedback when looking for things to add.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Cool! Tibber is used in Europe (nordics, nl & de atm) and has a realtime hourly rate, based upon the market spot rate. So it’s not a set “happy hours” rate, but a constant changing hourly rate, no day is the same.

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same here in the UK.

Some energy suppliers (like Octopus, OVO) looking to offer multiple rates during the day.
Well, Octopus are actually running a closed trial of 48 different rates per day (i.e. a different rate for every 30 minutes of the day).
The tariffs and charges will be published on a public API.

I think, we will see more and more of such tariffs (electricity price and time rates) being made available by energy suppliers.... so would be a good idea to think about this functionality.

In addition:
1) Would you look at making this app a one-time purchase option (in addition to the subscription model)?
2) Maybe offer the Taycan community here a cheaper deal on the app? Or some free subscription codes?

Thanks....

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
In addition:
1) Would you look at making this app a one-time purchase option (in addition to the subscription model)?
2) Maybe offer the Taycan community here a cheaper deal on the app? Or some free subscription codes?
Sadly, I’ve found that the one-time purchase model is just unsustainable.
People want to pay once and get updates forever, making the developer always lose in the end.
In fact this made me give up on the App Store for over a decade.

As for the price, note that the longer term you choose, the less you pay.
At US prices for the annual subscription it’s less than 3 cents per day.

I feel like that, coupled with the 7 day free trial, is pretty reasonable.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
AFAIK the reported defects have been resolved.

Is anyone using the app to log their day to day charges?
Has anyone taken it on a road trip yet and run it in trip mode?

People have requested the following features:
  • ChargePoint support
  • JuiceBox support
  • Tibber and other variable-rate provider support
ChargePoint is the most popular request, so I've started looking into how that might work. No promises as it depends completely on accessibility of their API.
Sponsored

Last edited: