lamby2244

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne e-hybrid. Taycan cross turismo turbo s
Country flag
Hello forum - I had a 4S Taycan 20 plate and had the opportunity to grab a 21 plate CT Turbo S. I jumped in because the value of my original car actually increased in covid!!

I LOVE the cross turismo! I love the spec! I love the drive.
BUT at 100% I am regularly being offered 199 mile compared to 130-45 in the 4S.
AND when I drive it (even conservatively in range mode) over a 120 mile trip I lose 20 miles of range over the trip.

help! Any thoughts. This is way below advertised and even expected. What should I do?
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Hello forum - I had a 4S Taycan 20 plate and had the opportunity to grab a 21 plate CT Turbo S. I jumped in because the value of my original car actually increased in covid!!
Original car I assume you mean your last vehicle you traded for a Taycan? COVID is not the reason your used car value increased.
Regarding range: keep in mind the range estimate is based on driving style history PLUS it's winter. Range will take a big hit in cold temps. Enjoy.

plamichigan

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Cayenne, 1970s era Buick
Country flag

AND when I drive it (even conservatively in range mode) over a 120 mile trip I lose 20 miles of range over the trip.

help! Any thoughts. This is way below advertised and even expected. What should I do?
Probably, as the other commenter said: (a) change in temp; (b) change in how the estimated range is being calculated.

The actual drivetrain and aerodynamics are not enough to cause a 20% difference. However, dropping to freezing will do that!

PLA

OP
OP

lamby2244

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Probably, as the other commenter said: (a) change in temp; (b) change in how the estimated range is being calculated.

The actual drivetrain and aerodynamics are not enough to cause a 20% difference. However, dropping to freezing will do that!

PLA
Hey thanks for the reply - I had the 4S before and at the same temp today 12 degrees gives me a completely different range to the 4S.

OP
OP

lamby2244

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Original car I assume you mean your last vehicle you traded for a Taycan? COVID is not the reason your used car value increased.
Regarding range: keep in mind the range estimate is based on driving style history PLUS it's winter. Range will take a big hit in cold temps. Enjoy.
HEy thanks for the reply. Well the lack of supply of cars which is due to a pandemic has caused UK used car prices to rise, or at least contributed to it. I traded the 4S Taycan for the Turbo S CT. Love it but in the same conditions the Turbo S is not showing many miles. I have not yet had more than 199 on a full charge. Is that normal - its certainly not advertised. Cheers

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is one highway range test of a 2021 CT4 out there. Not your exact model, but for comparison purposes, it gets about 8 miles less range at the same temperature as a 4S gets. Most likely due to the body style.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I found that taking a long road trip will tank your estimated range for a while, and when you return to short-trip usage around town it will slowly recover.

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
The Turbo S is the least economical version of the lot. Here are a couple of comparisons on the range calculator:

Porsche Taycan Charging and range worryingly bad 2C83E3F4-359A-4798-BF15-34AD53CCFCF0

Porsche Taycan Charging and range worryingly bad 5DF9CC4A-4FD3-477E-AA33-4CB0D0299E71

mhockett

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Not sure how heavy your foot is, but just drive it like a regular car. The Taycan makes it SUPER tempting to put your foot in it - because it just feels good! I have a 2022 4S with only 500 miles on it. Got the same thing the first charge. The charge miles showed 215 afterwards with 100% charge. Started driving like a regular car and checked the Trip screen (set to reset at last charge). When driving normally and with more highway miles than not, I'm seeing more like 225 - 230 as it's getting better than estimated miles.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Not sure how heavy your foot is, but just drive it like a regular car. The Taycan makes it SUPER tempting to put your foot in it - because it just feels good! I have a 2022 4S with only 500 miles on it. Got the same thing the first charge. The charge miles showed 215 afterwards with 100% charge. Started driving like a regular car and checked the Trip screen (set to reset at last charge). When driving normally and with more highway miles than not, I'm seeing more like 225 - 230 as it's getting better than estimated miles.
Do you have PB+? I’m also seeing 215 in Normal drive mode at 100% SOC in my 2022 4S. I have the PB+ and Mission E wheels and 750 miles. I know I drive it hard but I was hoping for better. Getting around 2.4 miles/kwh since I started driving it.
Sponsored