First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Hi Folks, Please advise....

What are people's recent experiences of quick top-up charging at Porsche dealerships? It is something they offer in theory?

I guess demand outstrips supply by a margin?

Availability? Waiting? Allowed time on charge? Only in emergency? Do they mind? Are many 100kw plus? Free or Pay?

Any hints welcome - many thanks
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag

What are people's recent experiences of quick top-up charging at Porsche dealerships? It is something they offer in theory?

Availability? Waiting? Allowed time on charge? Only in emergency? Do they mind? Are many 100kw plus? Free or Pay?

I will go by my experience with tesla, they really do not want to become a charging station however if you are in dire straights they will help you out.
the moral to the story is to not depend on a charger at your dealership as a regular place to charge.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

All UK dealerships are rolling out 150kW chargers for customer use. You need your Taycan Charge Card to use. Should be available 24x7 at most.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
All UK dealerships are rolling out 150kW chargers for customer use. You need your Taycan Charge Card to use. Should be available 24x7 at most.
Many thanks Mr. W (again) - much appreciated (again)

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
One Porsche dealership in VA had a 50 kW charger, needed a sales person to activate it, but they were happy to do so. I actually haven't checked any of the three local dealerships in the Raleigh/Durham area. Or VW... or Audi...

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer has chargers and I am sure they would be happy for you to use, but - parking is very limited and often non-EV in slot next to charger and can only ever be accessed during normal working hours (M-Sat, 08:00 to 17:00).

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
I saw a customer pull into Porsche Mid-Sussex yesterday and used one of their new chargers.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag

Morning,
I charged at a dealership two weeks ago. Before reaching the dealership, I called to ask them if it was available. They told me if they are occupied than just ask at the reception.
Used Porsche charge card.
Was told that their charging facilities which are in the car park open only during their business hours.

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
The two dealerships local to me are happy for you to use the chargers but they're only accessible during business hours (both located inside the car park barriers)

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The two dealerships local to me are happy for you to use the chargers but they're only accessible during business hours (both located inside the car park barriers)
Same in Dublin.

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
I've phoned my OPC twice now when passing and nearing empty only to be told to sod off.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So the new ones (ultra fast) that have been installed are intended for customer use. My local one is currently behind a security barrier and therefore useless out of hours but the Dealer has advised they are moving the barriers to make available. Others in Edinburgh are accessible but when I tried a month or so ago they weren't operational.

In principle, a good idea but execution leaves a lot to be desired.

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
My local OPC said the ultra fast one's they're installing are costing approx. £1m...a significant investment

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I've phoned my OPC twice now when passing and nearing empty only to be told to sod off.
Wow - that would be a black mark from me if it was an emergency.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
My current dealer is three blocks from my home and they will offer free charges to any Porsche customer as long as the chargers are not in use to top off any current inventory that is going to be delivered to a customer that day.

I've never tried to take advantage of the free charging as there are cars always coming and going, I see it as a potential risk for a door ding or even worse perhaps.

The also have free snacks and drinks for all current/potential customers.
Sponsored