Charging At Porsche Dealers

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
I’m visiting friends near Porsche West London today. Does anyone know whether or not Porsche dealers offer a quick charge when you’re passing? I’m sure I read somewhere that they provide charging for Taycans but I’m not sure my local dealer do. Thanks
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I’m visiting friends near Porsche West London today. Does anyone know whether or not Porsche dealers offer a quick charge when you’re passing? I’m sure I read somewhere that they provide charging for Taycans but I’m not sure my local dealer do. Thanks
Porsche Reading said that they would allow Taycan owners to come and have a quick top-up but honestly speaking I do sometimes think there is more knowledge on the forum than at the dealers :) I would call them up and check but would be shocked if they said No..

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
They told me I could, but that was a salesperson talking, and I did buy my car from them....I agree to ring them and double check, I believe / hope they will say yes.

They have 2 or 3 rapid chargers, and also 1 or 2 connect chargers and they are all out front and easy to find. That said when I have been there the charging parking spaces were mostly taken by ICE cars.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
So I called them and unfortunately their charger is out of order…

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does seem strange especially as when we passed by just now cars were plugged in...

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Edinburgh have 11, some are rapid, insure of KW. Probably 50kw. Free to use.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
When I was looking to get my Taycan I was told by more than one dealership
That they were not allowed to release Taycans to customers until their rapid chargers were installed

one dealership said it was coasting them £350k to have them installed

I've spoken to 3 dealerships who still havnt had them commissioned as I've asked how the charging works for customers
TBH it's a joke that they can't get the Porsche network up and running

festus_mcBitcoin

First Name
Festus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 Turbo S, 2021 TTS (June 11)
Country flag
When I was looking to get my Taycan I was told by more than one dealership
That they were not allowed to release Taycans to customers until their rapid chargers were installed
I wish that were the case in San Diego.

The Porsche of San Diego dealership has a few Level 2 chargers, many of which are blocked by parked ICE vehicles. They have some vague, non-specific plans to install fast chargers at some point in the future I'm told, but it doesn't seem to be a priority for them.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
They should do but the PMCC might be PIN locked or not configured for guest access.

Definitely check ahead and watch that the chargers are accessible out of hours.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is one fast DC charger installed at Porsche North Toronto. Any Taycan is welcome to use it. Just ask the receptionist for the pin. So if traveling from West London to Las Vegas, you should stop in.

And as Porsche Canada head offices are located here, it's probably going to work.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My one try at charging at the local dealer was underwhelming. Charge rate same as at home with PMCC even though I was plugged in to their "fast" charger.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My one try at charging at the local dealer was underwhelming. Charge rate same as at home with PMCC even though I was plugged in to their "fast" charger.
They usually keep their DC (Rapid or Ultra Fast) Chargers round the back out of sight and so customer facing ones are out front and I guess they brand these as 'Fast' @ 11 kW (if you are lucky).

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I was recently at the Porsche Center in Atlanta and they had about 6 of the Porsche chargers available for charging. finding those units at the dealerships is hit or miss currently, my dealer does not have them yet.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
My Porsche Centre is quite encouraging of their Taycan customers to charge at their fast 350 kW charger which is located prominently in the front. Coffee always offered and more 350 kW chargers being installed. It is only available while the centre is open due to it being behind their gate/fence.

Also, no cards, auths or PINs required to get the charger going. Feels very "plug & charge" :)

It is my closest fast charger – so if my home AC charger ever lets me down – this is a very helpful facility.

Me and another Taycan charging last Saturday:

Porsche Taycan Charging At Porsche Dealers IMG_0152

Said coffee:

Porsche Taycan Charging At Porsche Dealers IMG_0129

While thinking about wheels:

Porsche Taycan Charging At Porsche Dealers IMG_0137

Last edited: