jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, DB9, 599, Denali, X1, Tiguan
Country flag
Our local dealer wants $10 to use it and its NOT a fast charger. The Harley Dealer down the street has a DC Fast Charger (ChargePoint) so I get 30 min free there.......You’d think that Porsche would want me using it as free advertising for them, but whatever. I’m happy to support the HD dealer. :)
Sponsored

BROUbrou09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S, Audi e-tron
Country flag
My dealer just installed a few DC fast chargers in addition to their existing level 2 chargers. After picking up from service (during which 0/4 issues were resolved after a week, but that's another story), I decided I'd try to juice up at one of them since they never bothered to charge my vehicle. Even though I live locally, I thought I'd give it a try. The service center didn't know how to operate them without using their own charging card. Do Taycan owners receive free charging at dealers or are dealer fast chargers just to juice up cars prior to sale? (Evidently not during service...) I thought that the dealer charging network was supposed to roll out to incentivize Taycan purchases - but I guess they're not going to open up to the "public"?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Should be public but if just recently installed then they're probably not fully commissioned. Same issue here in Scotland where the dealer's had 2 chargers installed, no clue how to use them for quite a while, then they started working on and off but should be fine now. We have a Taycan Charging Card (Porsche Charging Service) which is required to use these devices.

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
Should be public but if just recently installed then they're probably not fully commissioned. Same issue here in Scotland where the dealer's had 2 chargers installed, no clue how to use them for quite a while, then they started working on and off but should be fine now. We have a Taycan Charging Card (Porsche Charging Service) which is required to use these devices.
Same at my dealers they have had two rapid chargers installed but not commissioned, this is because the commissioning guys are flown in from Europe which pre pandemic was not an issue, now however is proving to be more difficult and taking some time.

ccooke01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S and ID.4
Country flag
I have used the fast chargers at OPC Preston and Chester for free, however I did get charged at OPC Bristol last weekend.

I was under the impression that UK owners had free charging for the first 12 months, but now not sure.

RinOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well, as a dealer, why would you want a pesky confirmed Porsche buyer that supposedly is in a high financial demographic with an obvious interest in the latest technology walking around looking at new cars and possibly talking to sales people about their next vehicle purchase. I mean, what if Heaven forbid they impulsively bought a new car? The horror.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have used the fast chargers at OPC Preston and Chester for free, however I did get charged at OPC Bristol last weekend.

I was under the impression that UK owners had free charging for the first 12 months, but now not sure.
Free membership of Porsche Charging Service for 3 years and subsidised charging rate per kW.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Porsche OPC chargers are (or should be, I believe) 30p per kWh and additionally 44p per minute. I’ll stick to IONITY thanks…

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Porsche Centre Newcastle have two 270Kw chargers (in addition to a number of 'slow' chargers) they were both working fine when I was there a couple of weeks ago... Just in case anyone's near that part of the A1 and needs a quick squirt of juice. Dealer said any Taycan owners were welcome to use them (you'll need your Taycan Charging Card of course and I don't know the cost).

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
Free membership of Porsche Charging Service for 3 years and subsidised charging rate per kW.
"free" to use at OPC's I've used with Porsche Charging Service membership /card (came with my Taycan for 3 years ) but charges apply as below (they are remarkable quick to charge and very easy to use) get sent an invoice each month

Energy fee 0.2583 GBP/kWh +vat
Service fee 0.3667 GBP/Min +vat

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
"free" to use at OPC's I've used with Porsche Charging Service membership /card (came with my Taycan for 3 years ) but charges apply as below (they are remarkable quick to charge and very easy to use) get sent an invoice each month

Energy fee 0.2583 GBP/kWh +vat
Service fee 0.3667 GBP/Min +vat

Forget to say but I think mentioned earlier by Mr B the best value by far with Porsche Charging Service membership /card is IONITY chargers

Energy fee 0.2499 GBP/kWh +VAT
Service fee - ZERO /NO CHARGE

DLP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Turbo
Country flag
I am travelling from Lancashire to Oban next week. E mailed Porsche Glasgow about calling in to charge up ... Thought I would look around the garage whilst there. Initially told by a nice chap that it was no problem, then received an email from a lady who said it was a definite NO!
I will try the new Ionity station, but thought it a bit of a poor show really

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I talked to Porsche and the Team didn’t know the specific charge rate for the OPC chargers when using the Porsche card. They referred, like you guys, to the price listed on the Porsche charging Service Website. But I have used them and a friend too and we always got charged with a very low price. We only see the end price and it came down to about 20 cents per kWh with no extra charge per min. It’s very confusing since Porsche themselves don’t even know.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am travelling from Lancashire to Oban next week. E mailed Porsche Glasgow about calling in to charge up ... Thought I would look around the garage whilst there. Initially told by a nice chap that it was no problem, then received an email from a lady who said it was a definite NO!
I will try the new Ionity station, but thought it a bit of a poor show really
Scottish hospitality, huh??

Don't see why you can't unless the new Taycan / public ones that they have recently installed and commissioned aren't accessible out of normal working hours (this is the situation in Aberdeen currently). Porsche Edinburgh is fine as is Perth (also Ionity there beside Starbucks) but Glasgow I can't comment. Could be that Ms Unhelpful is confused and thinks you meant their own charger(s) used by the Service Team etc?
Sponsored