Charging cable has a mind of its own

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
Has anyone found difficulty winding the cable back on a bracket or hook? I find that it is difficult to loop it back into place unless you follow its original form as it came to you in the case. When I try and loop it on the bracket I've installed on my garage wall, the cable act s like a stiff precoiled hose and does not want to loop easily. My former Tesla cable did not have this issue and I'm wondering if Porsche will eventually offer a more flexible cable.
Sponsored

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has anyone found difficulty winding the cable back on a bracket or hook? I find that it is difficult to loop it back into place unless you follow its original form as it came to you in the case. When I try and loop it on the bracket I've installed on my garage wall, the cable act s like a stiff precoiled hose and does not want to loop easily. My former Tesla cable did not have this issue and I'm wondering if Porsche will eventually offer a more flexible cable.
Mine has been fine, but it’s liking coiling guitar cables, so I‘m used to it being a little finicky. What length cable do you have?

OP
OP

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine has been fine, but it’s liking coiling guitar cables, so I‘m used to it being a little finicky. What length cable do you have?
The long one. About 25 feet. This really makes it more difficult.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
The long one. About 25 feet. This really makes it more difficult.
I definitely recommend using the technique discussed in this article:

https://www.point-sourceaudio.com/2018/01/25/how-to-properly-coil-microphone-cables/

I've found it works best with multi-conductor cables of all sorts, including charging cables. I learned it about a thousand years ago when I volunteered in a local cable access TV studio, where they told me it was called the 'RCA wrap' (though I've never seen it referred to that way elsewhere).

OP
OP

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I definitely recommend using the technique discussed in this article:

https://www.point-sourceaudio.com/2018/01/25/how-to-properly-coil-microphone-cables/

I've found it works best with multi-conductor cables of all sorts, including charging cables. I learned it about a thousand years ago when I volunteered in a local cable access TV studio, where they told me it was called the 'RCA wrap' (though I've never seen it referred to that way elsewhere).
Super helpful. It may work. The issue is that the cable is connected at its base to the charge unit that you attach to the wall and when you attempt to wind it into a coil so that you can hang it on a bracket the nozzle ends up banging on the ground. But your suggestion is certainly worth a gallant attempt. Thanks for sending this along. Very grateful!
Sponsored