First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi,

Can I use an existing Tesla (Model X) Wall charger to charge the CT4 or needs a dedicated Porsche charger? The plug looked the same to my naked eye?

cheers,
Bob
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi,

Can I use an existing Tesla (Model X) Wall charger to charge the CT4 or needs a dedicated Porsche charger? The plug looked the same to my naked eye?

cheers,
Bob
If You have the CCS connector in the ModelX, Tesla wall Charger will work perfectly. You might have to set a small dip switch inside the charger as it may be set for Tesla only. But that is a two minute job. It might also be setup that way now and then there is no problem. Check the manual to see how that is done, or Google it.

OP
OP
Swissbob

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
If You have the CCS connector in the ModelX, Tesla wall Charger will work perfectly. You might have to set a small dip switch inside the charger as it may be set for Tesla only. But that is a two minute job. It might also be setup that way now and then there is no problem. Check the manual to see how that is done, or Google it.
I have the Type 2 DC connector. The Taycan CT4 seemed to have the same plug for home charging as well as a CCS plug for fast charging. So I assume I can use it but would like to be sure. Not finding confirmation on google as it seems US Tesla plugs are différent?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have the Type 2 DC connector. The Taycan CT4 seemed to have the same plug for home charging as well as a CCS plug for fast charging. So I assume I can use it but would like to be sure. Not finding confirmation on google as it seems US Tesla plugs are différent?
I have this setup and the Tesla wall connector is a standard EVSE. I have charged Renault Zoe, Audi e-tron, Model3 and my Taycan with it. only the Zoe could pull the full 22 kW from the Wall connector as the others were limited to 11kW.

OP
OP
Swissbob

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have this setup and the Tesla wall connector is a standard EVSE. I have charged Renault Zoe, Audi e-tron, Model3 and my Taycan with it. only the Zoe could pull the full 22 kW from the Wall connector as the others were limited to 11kW.
Great thanks. I purchased the optional 22KW charger for the CT4 so assume It can consume that? My Tesla charger has stopped working and I’d just ordered the replacement beforeordering the CT4. Wondering whether to install it (if it will continue to charge the Porsche in the 4-5 hours it takes to charge the Tesla) or return it and wait for the CT4 to arrive and install the Porsche charger?
Sponsored